What Gives You Sticker Shock?

billharr

Looking at a new 3/4 ton 4X4 gave me sticker shock. Many smaller things are costing a lot more. Saw $50.00 for a CA state park camping spot last year... :oops:

What recently has given you sticker shock??

The sticker price on my new F350 was just barely over twice the price of my first house. It was a new house.

That said, my old truck, which I will probably keep was 15 years old on December 24. I bought it new in 1999. So, hopefully, the new Ford will be just as faithful!

Funny enough my grocery bills. I am single and I always buy the same stuff but the cost keeps going up.

Photography equipment has always had sticker shock impact on me and still does. Should have taken up knitting. Also, beef but doesn't affect me as I am a vegetarian. Organic is still way too much money. Housing in this area compared to places we have traveled. Neighbor has his 5 acres plus home sale for 1.2 million dollars. We joke we live on the poor white trash side of the road.

The 80% price increase this year for my health insurance which I was automatically enrolled in by the state, that isn't accepted by my doctor.

The 100% price increase of the state parks pass, especially after their publicity about how they were making the program more affordable.

On the positive side it is nice seeing gasoline under $2.50 a gallon sometimes. Wish diesel would drop as much.

Our heating bill has doubled this year (he writes as he sits under a wool blanket). The temp outside is currently -5°F and heading down (actual temp, not windchill which is currently about -24°). That is sticker shock for sure. :eek:

takesiteasy said:
Our heating bill has doubled this year (he writes as he sits under a wool blanket). The temp outside is currently -5°F and heading down (actual temp, not windchill which is currently about -24°). That is sticker shock for sure. :eek:
And last year was incredibly cold too, wasn't it?

ski3pin said:
And last year was incredibly cold too, wasn't it?
Yes it was! This year November was very cold, December was a bit warmer than normal, and January is starting out true to form, typically our coldest month. Thank goodness for global warming or we would really be in trouble. :p

Edit: I should point out that part of our big increase this year is due to the abnormally cold year last year. We are on a budget plan and the gas company has to catch up this year for last year's cold weather, as well as cover this year. Even so, last month we used 150% of this year's higher budget amount. Crazy.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
The sticker price on my new F350 was just barely over twice the price of my first house. It was a new house.

That said, my old truck, which I will probably keep was 15 years old on December 24. I bought it new in 1999. So, hopefully, the new Ford will be just as faithful!
Yup, the old 91250 Diesel I drive now will probably be the only Diesel I'll ever personally own. Fortunately/unfortunately my professional life affords me a much newer Diesel to drive so I really do know what I'm missing.

Back
Top Bottom