What should I look at?

For what you said you wanted to do, my recommendation would be a 3/4 ton with the FWC Hawk model. It would give you a little more room in both the truck and the camper and you can option them with a cassette toilet (trust me, your wife will want that option) and an inside shower in addition to the outside shower. But, going to a full size truck opens up a lot of other manufacturers to look at who make excellent pop up campers like Hallmark and Bundutec as examples.
I currently own a Northern Lite hard side camper and love it but I can tell you I have been looking hard at the FWC's because of the ability to reach areas nobody else is going to go into to camp. My plan would be to mount it on my truck full time and never take it off.
Good luck in your choice.

If cost and timing were no object, there's no doubt what I'd get, a Grandby on a built full ton Ford Super Duty flatbed, maybe diesel, but probably gas. Cost and timing are an issue right now though, so I think we'll get our feet wet and see if we want to jump completely in later.

Back
Top Bottom