What to put a new Hawk on ...

sorry to hijack your thread. good luck with the camper and rig.

thanks for the info...

If you have a truck already, you can make it work. If you are going to get a truck for the camper, go with a 3/4 ton and think about the diesel option. It works for me...

Definitely on the 3/4 ton but I'm swinging toward the Hemi since a)I don't tow, b)diesel prices and required maintenance costs substantially more here than gas plus c)I can still buy a whole lotta gas for a long time with the 7k saved on not going diesel and d)I doubt we'll put 10K a year on the truck e) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY "She Who Must Be Obeyed" hates the smell of diesel!

But they sure do sound and feel neat!

So does everyone think I would b e OK with the 3:73 rear end instead of the 4:10? Just asking...

Steve

I will second your thoughts on the new diesels. I went with the gas engine on my new truck and have been pleased.

I went with the 3:73 gears. On the new GMs with the 6 speed auto the low gears are lower giving the equivalent of a 4:10 ratio that an older truck with the 4 speed auto had. I would only get the available 4:10 if I was towing heavy. Not sure on the Ram trans specs.

I will second your thoughts on the new diesels. I went with the gas engine on my new truck and have been pleased.

I went with the 3:73 gears. On the new GMs with the 6 speed auto the low gears are lower giving the equivalent of a 4:10 ratio that an older truck with the 4 speed auto had. I would only get the available 4:10 if I was towing heavy. Not sure on the Ram trans specs.

How's your new truck handling your camper? Have you been up or down any big grades with your setup yet?

Bought a 2500 Ram Big Horn last night. I sure appreciate everyone's help. I'll be chiming back in.

Thanks again,
Steve

Bought a 2500 Ram Big Horn last night. I sure appreciate everyone's help. I'll be chiming back in.

Thanks again,
Steve

Picture or it didn't happen!!

Congrats on the new truck. I'm glad you went with a 2500. I'm also a convertee from the 1/2ton camp to the 3/4. Its much nicer and the boss will actually drive the truck and camper now, where she didn't before.

Back
Top Bottom