What Would You Do?

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
It’s getting winter like around here, there’s snow on the peaks, so I prepared by ordering a new recoil start snow blower, which I picked it up Monday. Today, I put oil in the crankcase, then added alcohol free premium gasoline. Turned the key to on, set the choke, and… leaping lizards, it started on the first pull.

Should I immediately buy lottery tickets?

Quit while I’m ahead?

Pay it forward and plow the neighbor’s driveway?

Kick back and soak it in as how things should work. Remember that moment when later in time.

Congratulations on a new snow throwing machine.

thanks for the reminder I need to pull my 2 out of the shop and get them ready for winter. You have Electric start? Electric start is nice as the pull has more of a tug than using my chainsaws.

pvstoy said:
Kick back and soak it in as how things should work. Remember that moment when later in time.

Congratulations on a new snow throwing machine.

pvstoy said:
thanks for the reminder I need to pull my 2 out of the shop and get them ready for winter. You have Electric start? Electric start is nice as the pull has more of a tug than using my chainsaws.
Our old Snapper had electric start when we bought it over 25 years ago. I pulled it off and gave it to a friend with a bad back and installed it on his snowblower. Although our blower always started on the first pull, two years ago I purchased a new electric starter motor and installed it on the old blower. I justify it by saying, "That's why god gave us electricity."

Congrats on your new snowblower. Always turn it off before reaching inside to clear the chute.

Buy a lottery ticket also. :)

What is this 'snow' you are talking about?

(The reason I left montana was to get away from the white stuff!)

AWG_Pics said:
What is this 'snow' you are talking about?

(The reason I left montana was to get away from the white stuff!)
Snow? It’s the price one pays when you don’t want to live near the Portland metro area.

When growing up in NH we didn’t have the luxury of electric starter on our snowblower so it was always interesting when I had to crank her up. Now living in the mid Atlantic snow is just an oddity and something to be enjoyed for a day or two until it melts.

I have to say though that I really enjoy the pictures posted from Ski and others showing a beautifully plowed (or blown) driveway. There’s something that talks to my OCD..

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Snow? It’s the price one pays when you don’t want to live near the Portland metro area.
Yup. And Portland ain't getting any better. :-(

Sage, yesterday I fueled up one of my snow throwers with 91 octane non ethanol fuel. Pushed Primed bulb 4 times and this old thing started on first pull! Yea! This unit is 29 years old... :)

As it’s a multiple choice question, I vote for #1 and #3. Enjoy blowing snow. Last time I was in Baker for the first good snowfall of the season, between the shovel, blower and plow crowds, it’s was the social event of the season.

Picture a well intentioned motorcycle gang or two, but riding 4 wheelers or Side by Sides, all equipped with 48 or 60 inch snow plows looking to provide a civic service. Either invited or otherwise.

That or picture a cross between a tailgater session at the alma mater of your choice and planning a hunting or fishing trip at the pub. Either ends with deployment of the aforementioned equipment and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom