What's new at Phoenix Pop up?!

Always something new going on at Phoenix Pop up... We only build a few units each year, so don't worry we'll never cut into "the big boys" business. But, when you want something different, that fits your truck, and your needs, then we are happy to take care of you. Following are photos and descriptions of custom projects put out by our small family crew here at Phoenix pop up. Enjoy!

Installed and adventure bigins morning of Friday 9/23/11. 8.5' custom unit with many many custom designed features.

044.jpg

040.jpg

Full height door.... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS OPTION. The rest of the camper, I like.
032-2.jpg

035-1.jpg

037.jpg

045.jpg

050.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054-1.jpg

Next Up... 8.5' self contained unit with DVD player, stereo, National Luna Weekender Refrigerator, racks, ladder, exterior and interior hot shower, and complete restroom. Going on newer F-250 long bed, and heading for sunny Southern California. It's going SURFING..... maybe?

We are also working on a custom unit for a gentleman in BC Canada. It's being built so that the NEW TACOMA's tailgate can close, thus keeping the built in back up camera. Also this unit will have the ARB refrigerator with special stowage space, and a built in portable generator storage compartment, double 6v batteries, solar charger, fully removable "invis-a-lift" jacks, double sinks, 3 burner range, and queen size bed with storage below.

Will post the pictures when they're all done!

Your campers tend to have more bells and whistles than I personally would want, but I do enjoy seeing what you are up to! Thanks for posting the pics.

Thank you for the compliments and comments.

Here are a couple of our more basic units. We build a lot of shell models like this. Just lots of space, seating, lights, and storage.

geodentacoma064.jpg

061.jpg

019.jpg

hart001.jpg

78chevy014.jpg

Thank you for the compliments and comments.

Here are a couple of our more basic units. We build a lot of shell models like this. Just lots of space, seating, lights, and storage.

geodentacoma064.jpg

061.jpg

019.jpg

hart001.jpg

78chevy014.jpg

Another unit goes to work, literally this one is going to work for the forestry industry in British Columbia Canada.

Didn't catch any interior pictures, but this unit has a couple of nice options, like ARB refrigerator, portable generator storage, double 6v battery system, and double insulation throughout.

029-3.jpg

030.jpg

028-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

The last picture of the white Toyota. The camper fits in with the tailgate closed. Is that an option for a full size 6 1/2' bed? Then a guy could go with an Aluminess Rear Bumper. :cool:

Yes! You can order your custom Phoenix PULSE pop up with the "tailgate closed" option for any truck! Most people that are asking for this lately want it because their new truck has the tailgate lock, and the back up camera.

Well, we have been a little out of touch this last couple of weeks... sorry about that. My lovely wife and I took a trip up to Montreal Canada and just returned. We finished the unit that is heading for France. The customers have a Son who lives in Montreal, so they decided to ship their Toyota Hilux diesel 4 cyl Vego to Montreal, have the camper installed, then ship the entire rig back to their home in France.

Since they were going through all of that, just to get one of our custom made PULSE Pop ups, we just felt that the right thing to do was to meet them, and install their camper in person. It was a wonderful trip. Weather was perfect, the camper arrived JUST in time to be installed one day before our flight out of town, and also arrived with just a little bit of freight dammage from the Denver - Montreal shipment. After installing the camper, we had a fun 2 hour lunch with the great people, we spoke english (well, American), they spoke French, and we basically played sherades... Can't wait to see the pictures they send once the rig gets home to France in about a month...
so much fun!

Here are some pictures from this adventure....

Before the trip, camper ready to ship:

shippingtofrance002.jpg

Before we wrap her up, we have to hit the scales... it comes out to 570 lbs!!

montreal053.jpg

All wrapped up and ready to go.

shippingtofrance019-1.jpg

The big UPS truck picks the unit up, and we head for the airport:

montreal059.jpg

montreal061.jpg

The view from our hotel room, 17th floor of The Intercontinental Hetel is AMAZING! This is just a picture of the Qebec flag flying attop of one of the many sky scrapers.

montreal064.jpg

During the week, we wait for our call, because the truck is stuck in customs at the Montreal Docks... so we ride the "metro" and scope out the town.

montrealfun.jpg

This is my beautiful wife pretending to have a good time on our business trip.

IMG00113.jpg

Here is one of the big attractions, the Parc Olympic.

IMG00115.jpg

We ride the highest man made leaning tower in the world's inclinator to the top and see all of Montreal, birdseye view, beautiful.

montreal085.jpg

After the Parc Olympic, we go accross the way to the Bio-Dome, a huge domed roof building with a full Zoo and aquarium inside. I think this was my Wife's favorite part of the trip, watching the zookeeper feeding the cute penguins.

montreal116.jpg

Finally, on Thursday we got the go ahead to meet the customers and install the camper. When we arrive, the customers are very suprised that Cari and I are the actual "technicians" who have arrived to install their camper. We have exchanged over 150 e-mail messages and photos over the last 3 months, but they never thought they would actually meet us in person.... so, very suprised for sure! When we get over to it, the unit looks pretty good, but there is some damage, so the customers filed a claim with UPS, so they can get it repaired in France.

montreal120.jpg

Then, we all finish unwrapping it together:

And install the jacks:

montreal130.jpg

Once it is stablized on it's jacks, we check out the insides and demonstrate how everything works. A nice gentleman who works at the Public Storage came over to translate our english instructions into French for the customers.... good thing, thank YOU!!

montreal141.jpg

montreal049.jpg

montreal048.jpg

shippingtofrance009.jpg

shippingtofrance013.jpg

Then I have to check the truck out, run the wiring, and ready it for installation:

Also, I like this little customization.. I find it funny that it is acutually written in english:

montreal146.jpg

Then we lift it, and load the camper onto the truck:

montreal140.jpg

montreal138.jpg

Then, we removed the "invis-a-lift" jacks, put the studs back in the holes, and start snapping pix:

montreal147.jpg

montreal150.jpg

montreal152.jpg

And, My favorite picture of the whole trip (besides the ones of my beautiful wife, of course):

montreal148.jpg

Back
Top Bottom