What's under your camper?

DonC

My newly acquired 2006 Tundra has a metal bed with no liner or mat. It seems that it might be helpful to have a rubber mat or something between the bed and the camper. I think a rubber mat might provide a sticky cushion and make it less likely to move around.

What are you folks doing between the bed and camper?

(I was ready to place my order when Stan posted about the self contained Fleet. I can't make another trip to Sacramento, so I'm waiting for the March show in Long Beach to see the new Fleet before making a final configuration decision)

Stan recommends the rubber mat. I had one in my truck already, works great. I have not taken mine down any dirt or gravel roads yet. I have taken it out 7 times this year and turnbuckles are nice and tight from the intial install back in July.

I didn't have anything on my 2003. As long as the camper was put up against the wood spacers at the front of the bed (mine doesn't have rubber bumpers) I never had movement issues. But a rubber mat or linex'd truck bed wouldn't hurt in my mind.

My bed was lined already but I was still getting some movement, even with the turnbuckles tight. Before my last trip, I added a rubber bed mat which cut down greatly on movement but on the last day of some high speed washboard trail, it shifted a little.

I do think the bed mat helps to issolate some vibration from the camper, which can't be bad.

When the truck and camper arrive in the next month or so I'm going with a Dee Zee rubber bed mat on top of Line-X spray in.

I'm sold on 1" blue foam insulation. Doesn't noticable compress, camper stays put, and floor insulation is a good thing. I actually have 2" to have my Grandy clear the side rails on my F250.

Back
Top Bottom