Whazoos' Trip to the Mountains of the Moon/ Goat Canyon Trestle Anza Borrego

Grand Whazoo

Court Jester
001.jpg
Hello, newby Whazoo here again. I don't know why, you all have such fantastic adventures. I guess I need to belong somewhere from time to time. This here trip report is a bit dated. Now I don't know what "dated" means so I'll just say that it's a bit old, I hope you don't mind...
Now if I can remember how to make a link. Geez I forget so much so fast. like how to make text a clickable link. Any help would be appreciated, but possibly forgotten again!

http://grandwhazoo.blogspot.com/2015/02/i-must-have-missed-turn-off-to-eldorado.html

Thank you so much. If I remember correctly you helped me out last time, I appreciate it! It's not intuitive to me and not the same as another website I've posted on for many years. I'll copy and paste your instructions, but probably forget where I've put them.

Great trip report, in spite of the puns. :D Kidding, looks like a great trip and it was a fun read. Thanks!

takesiteasy, I know what you mean! I have to say that despite the TR the trestle was an incredible thing to see, and know it was built by men who knew how to do a man's job. Makes me wonder if they had trestling matches after work?

Mr. Ski, while it's true I might pull your leg now and again, I know better than to mess with the finger. Thanks...

Aha Basin Deranged, I like your style. Of the choices given I'd go with gag man and tell you that my loco motive is to engineer an entertraining trip report and to conduct, er, lead readers to some incredible sights for trained eyes. Boy I used all the train puns in my book for that one. Thanks for your reply, it was delightful!!

Somehow I missed this one of yours! Looks like you ventured right in my backyard. If you lose your your way out here again let me know. Your were right by the blue sun cave,

the railroad camp, petrified forest of fish creek, and not too far north is the true summer solstice cave in Indian gorge ;)

Thanks for sharing
Nolan

Hey Nolan, so you have a cave in your backyard?! That explains the crayons on the walls lol. When I started going to Borrego you could catch fish in Fish Creek, Peg Leg Smith still had two legs, Split Mountain hadn't split yet and the mud caves were...mud. We used to camp right in front of the big cave and have bonfires listening to Meddle by Pink Floyd. See ya Nolan

Thanks Mr. Longhorn, it's nice to see you as well. I love your dog and your blog, especially the picture of her "reading" lol, funny dog.
We had a male that looked a bit like her but somehow he had very deep fur. We got him at about six months as a beat-up chewed on skin and bones loner reservation dog full of worms. We don't think he'd have fared well in the long run. Thanks again JD...
Dave

Bear's Story and His Eulogy

Dave nice tribute. Great pictures and memories. Always hard to say good bye. Had 17yr mix lab and then almost 11yr yellow lab, Barley. Both very special, and now Sarah. Jd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom