when traveling solo...

jeffyg

Advanced Member
how often do you not use the pull out and just hop up top to snooze?

how often do you not use the pull out and just hop up top to snooze?

If I'm alone, 100% of the time...no reason to pull it out.

For a midday nap I leave it in...definitely out for bed time, i like the option to move around a bit!

I haven't been out solo, I'd probably either go with the standard 48" bed or toss up one of my ~15" wide cushions to make it a queen sized bed to all me to move some. No need to throw the other cushion up to make it a king sized with just one person.

Whenever I'm traveling alone, I sleep on the pull-out couch of my Hawk.

Saves climbing up and down stairs.

I pull the bunk out about a foot to use the edge of the bunk for hanging clothes and I have a bunch of plastic boxes that I leave on the 'shelf'. With the top down, they are captured.

If I dont pull it out that means the dog is sleeping on my bag. He usually does anyway but at least I have the option of booting him off me.

I don't have a pull out.

I don't have the extending bed, which makes cooking, cleaning, preparing the bed, etc. a lot easier. I have found that there is enough room for 2 "close" people, or myself, at 6' tall, and up to 4 dogs on a cold night. I had 4 dogs on the top bunk once, but it got to below freezing that night and I never felt the need to turn on the furnace:). Myself and my 3 dogs, who have learned to fit in where I allow them to, can sleep comfortably on the top bunk on a cold night. Usually it's just me up there until I yawn in the morning, then it's play time.

I'm 6'5" so I need to pull out the slider so I can sleep diagonally. I spent one night on the fold down 'couch' and probably won't do that again except for quick naps.

couch for naps or while watching a movie on my laptop... also sleep there when its cold out or i pull off the highway and don't raise the roof. i am 6'3 so i just fit in my hawk.

if i pop the top and am alone i never pull out the bed and leave the mattesses doubled up but if there is 2 up top i make it queen size but then there is way too much room!;)

We could never get comfortable side to side for night sleeping in the Eagle but used to get very nice naps that way without pulling out the slide.

I just returned from a solo 6-day trip up to northern Idaho and Montana. Tried sleeping 1 night with bed not pulled out and found I didn't sleep too well cause head and feet hitting each side of camper (not that tall, but it's an Eagle).

Chris

Back
Top Bottom