when nature calls....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 203
been using a dometic porta potti in the camper and getting skilled at using it in the tight quarters, makes early morning relief more convenient over stepping outside in adverse weather. have experimented with moving it outside by the rear driver side tire and keeping a roll of TP in a water tight container- roomier if privacy and weather isn't an issue. planning to just get accustomed to using it indoors to avoid having to move it. did find condensation an issue inside on the floor and installed some dri-deck underneath to see if that helps. i'll use any established toilet if it's available

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/gallery/image/14560-strapped-potti-on-dri-deck-base/

On our latest trip to the AZ strip we used our river toilet system called the Scat Packer. We're both to the point where sqautting over a hole is doable but not comfortable. Since we remote camp we just find a spot away from the truck with a good view.

I'm a behind the bush/over the log/in the hole practicioner typically. I'm not above using a handy Romtec on the rare occasion I camp with one located nearby. I do have an old, (like most of my stuff) Dometic portable. I don't know if they make portables anymore. The only time it makes the trip is if the destination is absolutely likely to be socially occupied, yet a dry camp operation. The afore mentioned adventureist photo demonstrates what I have in mind. Raft trips in my neck of the woods require a sanitation system be carried and my associated group have a Rocket Box, though that's a little overkill for whats being talked about here.

I should mention that Dri-Dek as mentioned above works well and as we enter the condensation under matress season it works well under the matress too. No cheap but better priced than it used to be.

http://www.dri-dek.com/

These work pretty well.

Just stick a bucket with a WAG bag underneath and you're GTG!

Mil_Spec_porta_potti.jpg

No WAG bags down range. Used metal buckets, when full added some diesel fuel and burned downwind from everyone...and hope wind didn't shift. Probably not the best idea for National Parks or BLM lands.

: )

In the OP there was mention of _keeping the spouse happy_ when on the trails.
I'm fortunate to be married to a MacGirlver who enjoys roughing it. She's come up with most of the solutions in our setup having to do with the _hows_ of waste.

(TMI warning ; ) > >

Also in the equation is that we "Squat" for #2. Do a google if you dare.
Well this lifestyle choice has the advantage of getting by with simpler camp-potty setups. Like only needing a low (~6" hight) bucket. We place DIY or commercial Wag Bags in it.

For #1, she uses a pStyle FUD into a 64oz Stanley. I use a 32oz Stanley.
Easy and no one hassles us when going into a public restroom with the thing in a backpack to empty.

I"m a thetford guy but this morning, I just realized I may need to change for conditions. My poop this morning was frozen solid. I'm not sure though if it would be any better with wag bags.

I was so proud of my MacGirlver wifie today : )
We were grocery shopping and going down the various aisles and she makes a B-line to a stainless steel "Growler 2 GO" 64oz container.
She says; "Wow, that would be great with my pStyle. Lets stop at Home Depot and grab some tubing for it."

I'm so spoiled.
Thom

Accrete said:
: )

In the OP there was mention of _keeping the spouse happy_ when on the trails.
I'm fortunate to be married to a MacGirlver who enjoys roughing it. She's come up with most of the solutions in our setup having to do with the _hows_ of waste.

(TMI warning ; ) > >

Also in the equation is that we "Squat" for #2. Do a google if you dare.
Well this lifestyle choice has the advantage of getting by with simpler camp-potty setups. Like only needing a low (~6" hight) bucket. We place DIY or commercial Wag Bags in it.

For #1, she uses a pStyle FUD into a 64oz Stanley. I use a 32oz Stanley.
Easy and no one hassles us when going into a public restroom with the thing in a backpack to empty.
+1

Over 200 days on the road in our FWC and she still says the pStyle is her favorite piece of gear. For numero dos it's squat time...usually a hole...but the morning views can't be beat when living on the road :) When we can't find solitude with a short walk we have a 3 gallon bucket with the luggable loo lid and bags...only been used twice.

PETT with wagbags and a small vertical shower/sh!tter tent that my friend's kids asked about the "Stand Up Tent", then they looked inside and said "oh.", that kind of tent...

Most of the places up here we go to are you are on your own. no one else around. Even out by our local airport..

Watson Lake/robbie

We use an Airhead Composting Toilet, didn't like wag bags, Thetford was good for a long weekend but still had to carry the 5 gallons of fresh water/waste water and then lugg it to proper disposal site with a bad back. Being on the road we needed a long term solution. The contents are not stored long enough for proper composting so we empty in a vault toilet every 3-4 weeks. I'm so darn tired of seeing toilet paper and more when dispersed camping. Pack it in, Pack it out. If on the trail and need to go we pack it out with doggy poop bags.

Cheers

Captm said:
<snip>
I'm so darn tired of seeing toilet paper and more when dispersed camping. Pack it in, Pack it out. If on the trail and need to go we pack it out with doggy poop bags.

Cheers
well said, Captm, well said.

Back
Top Bottom