Where does your dog(s) ride?

Vanderpooch

Do you let your dog(s) ride in the camper?
Since I have not actually seen a camper in person, I am curious if there is enough ventilation in the back of a camper for my guy to ride back there?

To my suprise erod and the fisherman also have Newfs! How cool!

Attachments

• DSCF1457.jpg
    DSCF1457.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DSCF1801.jpg
    DSCF1801.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,245
Mine rides in the camper. With the louvres open and the roof vent cracked it stays pretty comfortable even in extreme heat, but he's always ready to jump out when we get where we're going!

Attachments

• gun1.jpg
    gun1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,215
  • gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,214
  • gun3.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,195
Anywhere They Want.......their Bigger Than Me

If you search some of the Tow Missle posts, you'll find one that shows the mods. I did to squeez two lard asses in my Granby.

good to see other newfs out there! steely rides in the front these days...to hard for him to get in and out of the camper.

Bodies in the back, heads in the front

I travel with two afghans and they typically both have their heads through the rear window. I made a boot and a platform and they typicallly lounge there most of the time. With the AC on Vegas is no problem traveling through in the summer and with the heater on and their winter coats traveling in montana during cold is no problem. In fact as long as it is near 0 they have no problem in the winter even with the truck off.

Platform extended almost all the time
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=532&d=1178940357

It does fold down but almost never use it that way

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=544&d=1179016994

Mine rides in the back seat of the truck. I just wouldn't feel comfortable having him in the camper while traveling.

Our dog rides in the extended cab portion of the truck... though that might change with the little one on the way. We'll have to see how all that works out.

Kyle

Umm....

though that might change with the little one on the way.

Is that a definite? If so congratulations!

SB

Yep... definite... well as definite as that can be I suppose. Due Apr 26th.

Thanks for the congrats.

My dog gets the front seat, she would be scaird to ride in the back with every thing rattling on the trails.At 13 I figure she deserves a nice comfy seat with a towel on it and what ever else to make her last years easy.

Attachments

• bathroom,stairs ,face 009.jpg
    bathroom,stairs ,face 009.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 647
Sadly my big dog passed on a few weeks ago but he loved to ride in the camper with his head through the sliding cab window.

Attachments

• IMG_2956.JPG
    IMG_2956.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 603
Sadly my big dog passed on a few weeks ago but he loved to ride in the camper with his head through the sliding cab window.

Sorry to hear that... what a beautiful dog!

The dogs did ride in the extended cab. But like CJ8R with the muchkins comming they will be relegated to the camper soon. Just bought a extending ramp for the senior dog.

Dylan looks just like my choclate lab, harley tucker! Did you get him from a breeder in Oregon? I'll try to post a picture, I haven't learned how to do that yet. Terri

sharing dogs

I'm trying to post a picture or two, but having trouble. I uploaded it from my computer, I see it in the attachment file, how do I put it in the post?

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 501
Oh my! I'm so excited, I did it. That is Harley Tucker, she is 3 years old, and loves riding in the truck and camper. I leave my rear window open all the time with a boot connecting truck and camper, so the dogs have a choice. I feel secure with them riding in the camper, if there's a reason that I shouldn't someone let me know.... The fantastic vent keeps them comfortable in warmer weather. Terri

Taffy rides up front with us, stretched out on the seat, when we travel. She does have her own corner of the camper as her own bed. Guess she is spoiled, she even rides around in her own golfcart at home.

Attachments

• LAKE THOMAS 041.jpg
    LAKE THOMAS 041.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 496
  • P5091980.JPG
    P5091980.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 498
Back
Top Bottom