Where does your dog(s) ride?

kfat

I have 6 hours of tape from the last night they were on the air and played all their "novelty" songs. That stuff is pure gold.

Attachments

• KFAT_1.jpg
    KFAT_1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 296
The Fat One

We lived for the Fat One... sorta speak when we were in high school. It was when we first got into 4 wheelin... great stuff.

6 hours??? :eek:

Man... That sounds like an excuse for a weekend getaway. Is it on cassette?

CB

We lived for the Fat One... sorta speak when we were in high school. It was when we first got into 4 wheelin... great stuff.

6 hours??? :eek:

Man... That sounds like an excuse for a weekend getaway. Is it on cassette?

CB

Nope. 8 inch reels from an old TEAC.

8 Track.... Duuuuuuuuuuuude

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Definitely road trip time...

When I was in HS we made these 4 boxes out of plywood...
one housed an 8 track from one of our trucks...
another housed a 12 v battery
the other two were Jensen speakers....

We'd wheel out to BF nowhere, have a good time and listen to 8 tracks.....:cool:
I think that beats Xbox....

CB

and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

For fear of hijacking this thread once again allow me to get us back on topic with a pic of Kate in one of her favorite places. I owe a debt of gratitude to Jody, Mike, and all the volunteers at Homeward Bound Golden Retriever Rescue without whom Kate might not have ever entered our lives.

Attachments

• IMG_1760_1.JPG
    IMG_1760_1.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 292
A Day at the Beach

This is Harry's favorite spot when we go to the NO DOGS ALLOWED BEACH :(

Attachments

• CIMG0008.jpg
    CIMG0008.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 239
Where does my dog ride?

Anywhere He can!

Here is Obi (Obidiah)...

Attachments

• IMG00014a.jpg
    IMG00014a.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 223
Here are some pictures a new FWC owner sent me.

Thought I would share.

He got creative and made a dog ramp so the dogs can climb up into bed on their own.

Attachments

• dog 1.jpg
    dog 1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 310
  • dog 2.jpg
    dog 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 332
  • dog 3.jpg
    dog 3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 331
  • dog 4.jpg
    dog 4.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 326
  • dog 5.jpg
    dog 5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 317
That sounds oh so familiar

I certainly miss that crazy, eclectic mix that KFAT was known for. That looks to be about 20 hours of broadcast material. It will take a while to download the 2.4 GB of data but I'm sure I'll get to it all eventually. Thanks for posting the link.

I just finished downloading the whole thing available at that site.

I've only listened to a small part of the first part. It reminds me so much of the central Texas station KFAN (http://www.texasrebelradio.com/).

I used to listen to it when I was out at Lake Travis (You couldn't get it in Austin). It's the only station that I have heard in a very long time that would play the long version of "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vidda" (spelling not sure). It was a good mix of country, western, cosmic cowboy, rock, blues.....- really eclectic.

Another site said that downloading these files was not illegal, if one were concerned about this, because it is still leagal to record broadcast media.

If anyone has any links to similar websites, please advise.

HkerCook: It sure would be cool if you could share the stuff that you have.

Anyhow, thanks for the spark!

-Buzz

If anyone has any links to similar websites, please advise.

This "local" station is commercial free and will play LONG songs, sometimes: KCDX. They have an online listening option.

kfat classics

HkerCook: It sure would be cool if you could share the stuff that you have.

-Buzz

All that I have is on audio tape. Perhaps one day I'll drag out the old reel-to-reel deck, plug it into the computer, and capture everything in mp3 or wma format. I have recordings of "Moose Turd Pie" and "The Legend of Cow Patty" that, so far, have not shown up in the archival files you pointed to. Those are KFAT classics that may be hard to come by.

Reel-to-Reel and MP3's

"Moose Turd Pie" and "The Legend of Cow Patty"

Now, why is it that those sound like really good classics to me? Guess I'm just weird that way. Actually, I have heard "The Legend of Cow Patty"...somewhere...but it's been a really long time. Would that have been done by the Austin Lounge Lizards?

I dragged out my reel-to-reel and dubbed some of my old favorites, going back to the '60's and a few things that I recorded off the radio. Some of those "really good" hits kinda suck now. Guess I was in a different frame of mind then.

As it turned out, some of the tapes were in not-so-good condition and not salvageable. I used an audio editing utility in Nero to digitize the analog tapes. There are other apps available; I just like Nero for this job. I first made wave files and burned each recording to a CD to save as a master, which I then used to make mp3's.

Incidentally, if one were interested in making very high quality mp3's of a CD collection, I highly recommend using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and the Lame encoder. The programs are free for download. You just load the CD, push a couple of keys, and walk away.

EAC will look at the CD content, go to an online database, automatically enter all data into the music files (album name, artist, song name, time, genre, release date, etc.), and do the conversion. Again, set it up to use Lame and process in VBR (Variable Bit Rate) at the highest setting. There are links to help with setup.

I now have my complete collection of CD's and some dubs from old tapes on an external hard drive.....easy to copy over to my portable mp3 player. These mp3's also serve as backups of my collection, just in case the CD's were to disappear.

Additionally, I rehabilitated an old computer, that I was ready to pitch, and loaded WinAmp onto it (I prefer an older version that requires less resource overhead). With the external hard drive attached to the old computer, which is linked to my home stereo, I have a jukebox with a powerful search function and play list capability. Much more convenient than digging through drawers full of CD's and works great for parties.

If you really want to get serious, you can do all this with your wireless network or you can port into an FM transmitter to enjoy your music on your boombox or truck radio.....hmmm.....maybe I need to get out more often.

Enough rambling,
Buzz

Back
Top Bottom