Where to buy Froli Modular Sleep System ?

DavidGraves

Howdy

Any insights on where to buy the
Froli Modular Sleep System ?

Can it be assembled in any size or shape if one buys enough components ?

I am thinking of two separate bunks in our FWC.

Thanks

David Graves

David,

I bought ours directly from Froli / Nickle Atlantic (the US distributor). Watch their web site for sales/discount codes.

They consist of small square spring segments that connect to each other during assembly. So you can easily adjust the overall coverage foot print.

I purchased the "Star" version, which is the tallest. If I was doing it over, I would probably get the "Travel" version, which is thinner. Mostly because I also ended up adding a 2" latex topper, which makes the total bed fairly thick. I can still close the top, but it's pretty tight.

-Scott

Thanks to both.

So can one only buy it from this link ?

Any other retailers ?

DG

On this topic....are the mattresses in a 2019 FWC any better than what came in our 2012 ?

I realize this is subjective....but would appreciate some conversation on bedding and whether the Froli system worth it.

Hope and I welcome a firm mattress at home but last outing in the Hawk was pretty hard on the side sleeper humans.

DG

I can't compare with older campers, but the stock mattress in our 2020 is very firm - especially when sitting on the hard plywood base. It gave me sore hips and shoulders after the first night (I'm also a side sleeper).

I next tried the Exped Megamat since I already owned one for tent camping. That worked ok, but I have dealt with enough leaky air mattresses in the past that I decided I wasn't comfortable having to rely on it.

So, I added the Froli Star to the factory mattress. The Froli helped a lot, but I still got sore on longer trips after several days. So, I finally added the 2" topper, and now I'm happy. So, it's been a journey...

If I had to start from scratch again, I would probably try the topper first, and then add the Froli "Travel" if needed (and for ventilation).

-Scott

You should speak with Elke Nickle, at nickleatlantic.com (Froli dealer in the US). She'll walk you through exactly what you need to know regarding the low-profile Froli Travel and the type of foam that works well with the Travel - typically hi-resiliency polyurethane, at 2.8-3.0 lbs c/f/ ILD ~30 medium firmness. A 3-4 inch foam works best with the Froli Travel - she'll explain that to you and help you determine the exact amount of springs you'll require for your bed. She is a wonderful person to deal with, extaordinarily helpful and knows what she's about. I've got a Froli Travel system in my Hawk shell with 3.5 inch foam, which will fit into your FWC 3-inch cover if you decide to use a slightly thicker and better quality foam than the FWC brick. With this system I can leave our thick sleeping bags in place on the mattress and the roof will still close with no stress on the latches. Rich

I really like the idea of possibly adding the Froli Systems foundation although it seems like using this system would eliminate the possibility of extending the factory mattress. I purchased the king bed slide-out option so has anyone invented a creative way store the excess Froli Systems foundation or am I missing something?

I do a lot of winter camping so the Froli low profile Travel System is great at allowing air flow, and as a result, no moisture under the mattress. Froli turned a good firm 4" mattress into a great night's sleep.

Back
Top Bottom