Which FWC on Toyota Tacoma

robbie

Sue and I have a 2008 toyota Tacoma. I would appreciate your comments re which FWC you have on your Tacoma or seen on one?
New and old models - FWC.

thanks - Robbie

We have an Eagle on a 2006 Tacoma (Access cab) that we got new and have been very happy with the combo. We got air bags installed in LA, but the outfit really didn't know what they were doing. After we had them fixed at Les Schwab in Portland (they know what they are doing), they have worked just fine. Helper-springs are another option, but the air bags make for a much better (safer?) ride.

I gather that FWC now offers an extended bed option (longer overhang over the cab). There's enough room for two people with the bed pulled out, but an extra 12" or so would be welcome. The other advantage of the extended bed is that it allows for a thicker mattress.

The options we strongly recommend are: 1. The Fantastic roof fan. 2. The 3-way fridge (yeah, the Norcolds have their problems, but keeping enough ice when traveling is a real hassle). 3: The furnace if you will be traveling in cold damp weather (warm clothing and sleeping bags will keep you warm, but the furnace is what will dry them out). 4: The FWC roof rack (not the Yamaha). You can mount Yamaha or Thule boxes to it (several folks have posts on this topic), as well as a whole lot of other stuff, like bikes, canoes, etc. 5: The spare battery - needed for items 1 and 3.

Furnace sounds like a real good idea, as we camp out now at 30 - 40 below zero. A shell is our preferred option. As we have all the gear, we need.
robbie

Back
Top Bottom