Which tires for my 2006 Tundra ?

tobiana

Hi guys ! I'm considering buying a 2006 Tundra 4x4 and would like to know what you guys think would be a good brand and size of tires (E-rated) to carry a Grandby (which I've not yet found). I plan to put airbags on and wonder what else specifically would be a good idea to put on (ie. extra leaf spring or ??)
If anyone has any good tires they want to sell , I may be interested.
Thanks for your input- this is a great website !

Tobiana

I've got 06 Tundra AC with Hawk. I'm on my second set of BFG AT tires (E rated) along with airbags and Helweg sway bar.
Works for me! If I was to go full time with camper, I might consider a set of custom springs instead of the airbags.

I just noticed you are thinking of a Grandby, which I believe takes a longer bed. You might want to check on that with FWC.
Hawk fits both Tundra and the big three truck mfgs.

Thanks Lighthawk - more than helpful ! And I will check with FWC on the Grandby - could be it's too much for this truck.

Tobiana

I 2nd bfg at load e tires. Great all around tire that is not loud on the highway and I've been up some pretty Rocky trails with out issues

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

I've had a lot of success with Toyo Open Country AT/2's. Mine are (265/75/R16) E rated, and seam to do quite well with the camper. I appreciate how much traction they have on snowpacked highways, snowy secondary roads and desert sand. I will certainly buy another set.

I run Firestone Ride Rite Airbags with the Daystar cradles on my 2005 Tundra/FWC Hawk Combo, works VERY well.

I'm running Bilstien 5100 series shocks set at the highest position in the front for about 2.5" of effective lift.

I'd recommend replacing the front sway bar and steering bushings with Poly from Wheelers off road, it will make a significant difference in highway drive-ability, especially with the camper on:

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product-category/toyota/tundra-182669/1999-2006-tundra/suspension-494554/chassis-steering-suspension-bushings-suspension-494554/

I really stay on top of my brake maintenance. With the Hawk on the Tundra the truck is just a hair below GVWR.

Good luck with your project!

Back
Top Bottom