White Rim What Truck?

OpenSpace

Advanced Member
Want to secure a permit for the White Rim Trail. Not sure what truck to take - Chevy 2500 with Hallmark (23' total length) or 4runner. Want to take the camper because well, we love it, but it is big. 4runner is modified and will stomp the trail, although tent camping isn't as appealing as it used to be. I know folks run the trail in full size trucks, but fear it might take the fun out of it. For those who have done it, what rig would you take? Thanks.

Yeah, of course. The longer I'm out the happier I am. Really just wondering if it's a pain in the arse to travel such a brilliant route in the big truck? Thanks NR!

Running the WRT is on my bucket list and I plan on doing it in my F-350 with my Hallmark Everest ...

I have seen reports of guys running it with standard truck campers. I have also seen reports of support trucks for those on a bike trip using a crew cab Super Duty.

I think if you plan on going slow (and enjoying the route) you shouldn't have any problems...

Nothing the big trucks can't handle. I did also see a F250 doing the trail as a chase vehicle for mountain bikers. Ron

Back
Top Bottom