White River Plateau?

brett13

Lovecock
All,

I'm planning a quick trip to the White River Plateau in CO next weekend. It is north of I-70 between Glenwood Springs and the Flat Tops Wilderness. This is a new corner of CO for us to explore, so I was wondering if anyone has explored up that way and had any suggestions.-B

All,

I'm planning a quick trip to the White River Plateau in CO next weekend. It is north of I-70 between Glenwood Springs and the Flat Tops Wilderness. This is a new corner of CO for us to explore, so I was wondering if anyone has explored up that way and had any suggestions.-B

never been...sounds awesome though, have fun be safe and post pics :D when you get back!

Hi Brett,
I've been to the Deep Lake and Heart Lake area outside of Dotsero, on the south side of the Flat Tops and I've gone into the Flat Tops from Trapper's Lake on the West. And on the north east from Yampa.

Haven't been in the area in several years though and have been meaning to return. It is a great area.

Have Fun!

Hi Brett,
I've been to the Deep Lake and Heart Lake area outside of Dotsero, on the south side of the Flat Tops and I've gone into the Flat Tops from Trapper's Lake on the West. And on the north east from Yampa.

Haven't been in the area in several years though and have been meaning to return. It is a great area.

Have Fun!

Jim,

I'm guessing the roads on the maps are suitable for our rigs and the dispersed camping is nice enough? Any places to avoid? Thanks.

What area are you going in to? I used to do dispersed camping way back when in an old VW camper in the Deep Lake / Heart Lake area. It was really nice and lots of suitable areas to camp.

Back
Top Bottom