Who else was in Death Valley over spring break?

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Sunday March 28th around 1 pm there was a FWC going in to the Eureka Dunes on South Eureka Valley Road.

Monday afternoon, March 29th a FWC was popped up at the Eagle Borax Works.

Wednesday morning March 31st a FWC was camped along Titus Canyon Road right at the park boundary.

Thursday April 1st around noon a Grandby on a green Ford was parked at the Furnace Creek Store.

Thursday afternoon a FWC was heading east down from Towne Pass on 190.

Late Thursday afternoon a FWC was driving out Lake Hill Road back toward 190; visited Panamint Dunes?

Friday afternoon, April 2nd, a FWC was heading south on 395 on the south end of Lone Pine.

Well I am sad to report that it wasn't me
sad.gif

We were in Panamint all weekend....but of all of the sitings above I don't think any of them were us. We never got as high as 190, stayed on panamint/ wildrose and charcoal kiln road. Last two days were in Tuber Canyon mine hunting.
Pic is coming out of Tuber Canyon onto Wildrose Easter morning.

Attachments

• ResizeIMG_3040.jpg
    ResizeIMG_3040.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 166
We were in Panamint all weekend....but of all of the sitings above I don't think any of them were us. We never got as high as 190, stayed on panamint/ wildrose and charcoal kiln road. Last two days were in Tuber Canyon mine hunting.
Pic is coming out of Tuber Canyon onto Wildrose Easter morning.

My wife and I were also in Death Valley over that time period. However, we don't fit with any of the sightings listed. We arrived on Tuesday the 23rd and left on Wednesday the 31st. We took in Cottonwood Canyon, Keane Springs, Monarch Canyon, Dantes Overlook, Zabriskie Point, Charcoal Kilns, Suprise Valley, Darwin Falls, Eureka Dunes and various other locations. Great trip and great weather, although it got a bit breezy on the 30th & 31st. I recall seeing at least 10 other FWC's while in the area.

TGK - '99 White Ford Super Duty 4x4 SC LB with Grandby Shell

Greetings. April 2nd Titus Canyon. Attempted Hunter Canyon. Snowline and mud hamperd efforts, one motorcyle track and two vehicle tracks continued. Cracked exhaust manifold from puddle crossings causing engine to suck water, made it out alive w/ pregnant wife. Camped three nights. Home via Big Pine road and 395 north. 2 feet fresh snow. I love it! Can't wait for next trip.

My boyfriend and I just got back from Death Valley last night! We did Titus Canyon and then stayed the first night at the Eureka Sand Dunes and hiked them in the morning. Had to wear goggles all night it was so windy! Drove the Saline Valley Road out to Lippincott Pass (uhm, separate post on that epic experience coming soon). Checked out The Racetrack, Dante's Peak, Devil's Golfcourse, Artist's Palette, Mosaic Canyon, Charcoal Kilns, Darwin Falls....I could go on. Drove home through the north side and down the beautiful Kern River! It stole my heart!!! Can't wait to get back out. 3.3 million acres of wilderness is hard to see in five days!

Drove the Saline Valley Road out to Lippincott Pass (uhm, separate post on that epic experience coming soon).

A few of us did that in our truck/FWC camper combos Jan 2009 - yes it's quite the experience
blink.gif
ohmy.gif

Back
Top Bottom