Who was first??

Tomas Tierra

Contributors
Who here was the first to own a Four Wheel, or All Terrain Pop Up Camper??

I put this little package together in 1997 and never looked back..:)Dthis is the most over posted picture on this site:D)

What year did you put your first package together???

TT

Attachments

• 1011801270_004.JPG
    1011801270_004.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 370
Started in 1994

Hi Tomas,

I don’t claim to be the first by a long shot. Ben had the company way before I came around. Co-worker had one new in 1984

But I started with our FWC Fleet model back in 1994. I just bought a new printer/scanner/fax LaserJet and I’m able to scan some old 4”x6” pictures. Scan at max resolution and then save for web size 740dpi X … in Photoshop. So there will be more pictures to come.

For two years before we bought this one I would see them while camping along with the Scamper pop ups. I was not shy about approaching people to ask and see what they liked about them. I settled on the one that would fit in the garage.

Here is the setup back in 1994.

Attachments

• FWCFleet04-1995_1.jpg
    FWCFleet04-1995_1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 289
  • FWCFleet04-1995_2.jpg
    FWCFleet04-1995_2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 290
  • FWCFleet04-1995_3.jpg
    FWCFleet04-1995_3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 294
  • FWCFleet09-1995_3.jpg
    FWCFleet09-1995_3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 292
First ATC Here!

I have the first ATC. I had a FWC too. Both great rigs.

After owning the FWC Grandby on a big GMC 3/4 I bought the ATC Panther Shell for my Tundra. It's perfect for me. You can see some pictures of it if you follow the link.

That was when I first bought it.. I've been adding to it since then. Ben, Marty and Jeff did a great job setting me up and putting in the mods I wanted on the ATC. They wired me for solar, wired and switched for lights in the back, built up the steel on the rear of the camper so I could add some equipment, etc.

After our trip to Glacier Falls last year I am pulling together some mods for a trip to Vancouver or Colorado later this year.

Maybe I'll see some of you guys at the Hog Fest:D

Who here was the first to own a Four Wheel, or All Terrain Pop Up Camper??

I put this little package together in 1997 and never looked back..:)Dthis is the most over posted picture on this site:D)

What year did you put your first package together???

TT

TT,
This is the first time I have not seen a surfboard on a fwc of yours.
That is a sweet oldschool set up you had.What year is yout toyota hi lux.was it gas?

Boards are inside the rig....

It was a '87 "custom cab".....Gasser..I bought it crashed with 103,000 on the odo..rebuilt it, and drove the **** out of it for 5 years and an additional 100,000...with the camper on for the last 50,000 or so. Gotta love the 22R motors..can't believe I never blew the head gasket with all the weight we would carry..I learned so much of what you can and cannot do offroad with that truck/camper set up.

Miss the truck, like my new camper better:D. What I really miss is having all the time in the world to travel Baja, and no reservations about doing so..Here's a shot with boards on top for ya....

And by the way, Patrick is (so far?) the winner of "who was first"....One bucket of sea urchins!( must pick up in Oxnard)

TT

Attachments

• img101.jpg
    img101.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 178
Back
Top Bottom