wild fire in Washoe Valley Nevada

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1
Didn't know where to post this. Here in Susanville we are getting snow and rain, yet Washoe Valley south of Reno and north of Carson City and along side off 395 has an out of control wild fire due to high winds and they are evacuating several subdivisions. Houses have burned already and all the local TV stations are issuing warnings not to come anywhere near there. Winds of 120mph have been clocked. Red Flag warnings have been extended. Anyone wanting to head to Reno or Carson City should take care. You know we were just all talking on the Winter post about how snow is here, now these folks will not get the rain/snow until Friday. There has been just declared a fire emergency for the area. Power is off in the area. What a funny weather year! Sorry if i shouldn't have posted this here, but lot's of out and about folk use this site and this may keep them away from there! I guess they are short of fire crews too!

Smoke

I would never have thought we'd have forest fires this time of year. Though back in '78 we didn't close fire season till november 15th. I don't imagine there any cdf (or ndf) helicopters or air tankers available though I imagine the FS could bring some in from areas where winter fires are somewhat normal.

Sad thing for those that lose everything :(

Back
Top Bottom