Will I Miss My ATC Cougar?

chnlisle

Post Master
Pam and I will be heading back to the 50's the end of Nov. this is our rental car.

image.jpg

I haven't smoked tobacco for over 30 years and my alcohol intake is almost non existent but I had spine surgery a week ago so a treat is warranted.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

All my brothers had '52 and '54 Fords. My first car was a Studebaker. Looks like fun. I bet you are ready for a little relaxation after spine surgery. Glad things are going well! Oh, and that car looks like a babe magnet so we are expecting some photos. :)

I brought a bottle of Havana Club rum back from Juarez a couple of years ago, so if you're ever near a border town... It's the best rum I've ever had.

I'm hijacking my own thread but this engine is arguably the best most reliable engine GM ever made. Way way way back in the early 60's one of my friends cousin had a shop in Monterey Park, CA (Daleo & Bisetti.). They were very talented and ran a (blown I think) GMC version of this motor in an A or B roadster at the old El Monte Drags. They regularly beat the V8's head to head. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure they set a SCTA record at El Mirage Dry Lake as well. Ultimately build-able, fixable and a freaking screamer! 3 guys could work on it at the same time and still have room.

The first time I ever saw this Rocket was in their shop on Monterey Pass Rd. When I brought my '56 Customline in for some body damage repair. I'd never seen a vintage 40's Willys before or i'd mistaken for a Ford. They often did the body and paint on it so I got to see a lot of it. My buddy Mike and I liked to hang out there (go figure teenagers in a hot rod shop.) I'm pretty sure they got tired of us or at least me with all the questions but never showed it.

Willys.jpg

This one is ver similar to mine. I had a black interior and it was a tad higher in the rear. My engine was exactly the same.

Ford.jpg tbird.jpg

Back
Top Bottom