winner!

lqhikers

After waking up this morning and finding out we did not win the lottery
we took our normal morning walk,seeing that is was saturday (garage sale day
in our area) we of course were on the street early,the second sale we stopped at i
noticed a box with the Olympian label on so had to open,better than xmas!
a brand new unused wave 3 catalytic propane heater!
with my heart pounding i grabbed it,trying to act unconcerned ask the women how
much?she in turn asked me if i knew what it was as she did not,so i said it was a old type of gas heater.
she said it looks way to small to use in her house,after a little chat it came out that it was in the garage when she bought the house a
month ago.
again i asks her how much and she said since i had been the only who looked at it she would take $5.00
we now have a new wave 3! to add to our tiger,looks like the furnace will not be used much.

drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,lqhikers

Wow! Score!!
biggrin.gif

And unlike winning that lottery, you don't have to pay millions of dollars in taxes!

(It reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons: Professor Frink is offering one of his inventions -- a matter transporter -- for sale in a garage sale. Price: $2. Homer says, "I don't know...$2? -- and all it transports is matter? I'll give you 35¢".
laugh.gif
)

After waking up this morning and finding out we did not win the lottery
<snip>
again i asks her how much and she said since i had been the only who looked at it she would take $5.00
<snip>

:D

Sounds like my new custom fly rod.
I was out for my walk in the retirement park (Thats all there is to do here) I came across a garage sale and stuck my nose in, I located a hard case against the wall in the back that looked new, it had a price tag of $10.00 on it which was a good price since it was new. I offered the gentelman $5 and we settled on $7.
Off to home I went to show off my treasure.
As I showed my wife how the top zipped on and I told her what a shrewed haggler I was, out of the case came a flyrod and reel. I was raised by an honest Mom and so I went back to the sale, feeling guilty that I had taken advantage if the guy.
His comment was that he had no use for it and I could have it too.
We sat there and enjoyed a cup of coffee, he told me the rod had been custom made in Colorado and the reel set him back $80.00 but he had cancer and could not get out, all total the complete case,rod and reel cost $600.00.
That wonderful gent passed away about a week later, it was a great experence knowing him.

Sounds like my new custom fly rod.
I was out for my walk in the retirement park (Thats all there is to do here) I came across a garage sale and stuck my nose in, I located a hard case against the wall in the back that looked new, it had a price tag of $10.00 on it which was a good price since it was new. I offered the gentelman $5 and we settled on $7.
Off to home I went to show off my treasure.
As I showed my wife how the top zipped on and I told her what a shrewed haggler I was, out of the case came a flyrod and reel. I was raised by an honest Mom and so I went back to the sale, feeling guilty that I had taken advantage if the guy.
His comment was that he had no use for it and I could have it too.
We sat there and enjoyed a cup of coffee, he told me the rod had been custom made in Colorado and the reel set him back $80.00 but he had cancer and could not get out, all total the complete case,rod and reel cost $600.00.
That wonderful gent passed away about a week later, it was a great experence knowing him.

Wow -- what a nice story.
Welcome to WTW, Vancouver Larry -- great first post! :)

Back
Top Bottom