WOLF CREEK, CA, Fish & Camp

GroovyDad

Last weekend the Ski3Pins and the "Teds" invited Dexter and I to join them for some camping and fishing along Wolf Creek, in the eastern Sierras, near Sonora Pass. I had a great time with wonderful people in a beautiful place.

Here's a link to my blog for the Trip Report:

WOLF CREEK Fish & Camp

Great report! That low, clear water looks pretty tough to fish. How do you like the Tenkara rod? It sure simplifies things.

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice Mr. Groovy, that was just like we were there! Honestly, that was much fun seeing one of our quick trips from another person's perspective. Thank you for documenting the fun and it was a pleasure to meet you and Dexter! :) By the way, nice fly tying box!

highz said:
Enjoyable trip report! Was that a Killer Bug dangling under the dragonfly?
Yes it was! Very good eye, especially since the fly itself was blurry.

I see you're from the Sacramento Mtns. of NM. I'm originally from SE NM (Roswell/Ruidoso) and my dad's in Alamogordo...small world.

GroovyDad said:
Yes it was! Very good eye, especially since the fly itself was blurry.

I see you're from the Sacramento Mtns. of NM. I'm originally from SE NM (Roswell/Ruidoso) and my dad's in Alamogordo...small world.
Well, Tenkara and Killer Bugs seem to go together, so it was an educated guess. I've tried Killer Bugs on my small home waters and although they get results, I seem to do better locally with Hare's Ear nymphs. Oh, and ditto on the nice fly-tying box.

It is a small world. I'm a few miles outside of Cloudcroft. If you come to the area to see your Dad, or for any other reason, send me a PM.

That looks fabulous! Eastern Sierras are within shouting distance for me and I'm so looking forward to getting my wheels. Made my dog jealous too. Thanks for sharing!

highz said:
It is a small world. I'm a few miles outside of Cloudcroft. If you come to the area to see your Dad, or for any other reason, send me a PM.
I will. He's retired Forest Service and also grew up in Ruidoso. I get back about once a year--more so to visit The Old Road Restaurant in Mescalero...

Back
Top Bottom