Wolf Creek in the Eastern Sierra - August 2016

What fun to see the same trip through yours and GroovyDad's eyes.

I feel the same as you about loss of habitat and our checkered history of conservation of species. I am grateful to all the anglers, hunters and lovers of nature that put time and effort into preserving what we can. The Gila trout would be extinct by now if not for protecting and propagating them in hatcheries. Now you can fish for them again in select waters of the Gila.

You're right, it's fun to get another person's perspective on the same trip. I too was tempted to drive up to Silver Creek, but I was in "go home mode" and let it get the best of me. I plan to check it out the next time I'm in the area.

Boy, my rig didn't feel as unlevel as it looks in our pictures...

Hmm dragon fly fishing. Interesting sport.

As for the trout. I found as a kid they like meadow grass hoppers. Yesterdays shirt wadded up and thrown at the grasshoppers will stun them easy pickings. Then a bobber with 3-4 leader and grasshopper floating in the small stream works wonders. Also easier to stay out of the ranger buttons ;-)

Thanks for sharing this - I think. Not many people know that you can drive through the MWTC, I've tried to keep that bit of info to myself. The camp sites I've found back there have been beautiful and unspoiled due to lack of use. Let's keep 'em that way.

Back
Top Bottom