Wooden bottom of Grandby out of square?

CrawPappy

Hi all,

It looks like the wooden bottom of my Grandby (shell) is coming out of square. See photos of the forward part of the wooden frame. This has been happening for a few years, but is getting worse. Anyone have experience with this? Is a rebuild in my future?

Thanks! Camper 1 (640x480).jpgCamper left (480x640).jpg

Bobby B said:
Hi all,

It looks like the wooden bottom of my Grandby (shell) is coming out of square. See photos of the forward part of the wooden frame. This has been happening for a few years, but is getting worse. Anyone have experience with this? Is a rebuild in my future?

Thanks!
attachicon.gif
Camper 1 (640x480).jpg
attachicon.gif
Camper left (480x640).jpg
What year is the camper? Are you the original owner? More information would be helpful. Have you contacted FWC?

Late 90's, I am not the original owner, FWC says it probably needs a rebuild but cannot give an estimate until they see it. The driver side siding is loose as well, so FWC thinks the frame is cracked. But the bottom wood seems to be moving more than the upper frame, because there has been no separation on the corners of the upper siding body.

Bobby B said:
Late 90's, I am not the original owner, FWC says it probably needs a rebuild but cannot give an estimate until they see it. The driver side siding is loose as well, so FWC thinks the frame is cracked. But the bottom wood seems to be moving more than the upper frame, because there has been no separation on the corners of the upper siding body.
The guys at ATC are experts in older FWC repairs (the owners of ATC probably built your camper). Their prices are reasonable, their work is top quality, and they are willing to customize. If you aren’t going to do the work youself, I think you would be very pleased with ATC’s efforts.

Back
Top Bottom