Wow, a hidden tax in Colorado

Frank,

Non Resident season fishing is $108.10. Remember that the areas this is required for are State Wildlife Areas and State Trust Land only. Very specific properties.

trout

It's not a hidden tax. It's a fee designed to generate money for state lands from users who traditionally have used these properties for free.

It has been tried before and rescinded. I expect we may see some sort of permit developed rather than requiring a hunting or fishing license.

For years the feds have talked about issuing a recreational type use type permit for a modest fee (similar to our beloved "gezzer permits ") that allows you to use Public Land and I would have no problem with that! Fishing and hunting permits are issued by the individual states because they manage those resources and the feds the land ) and I always get a Calif fishing lic. and depending where I plan to spend the most time that year an out of state fishing lic., for either Nevada or Oregon (you can always get one of those 3 day temp. lic. if need be too). Nothing worse that being out in the back country somewhere and find that perfect fishing hole and not having a lic

Smoke

Use of Arizona State Trust Lands require a fee. It is $15 for individual, $20 for family.

Just got my Montana fishing license. I will need to pick up a separate license for fishing on Yellowstone NP. If you are fishing on Native American land, they may require a separate license as well. We will be in Montana 8/5-9/10

jd
Foy said:
Montana has, as do many states, a modest baseline access fee which is required to be purchased by anybody who must otherwise purchase a hunting or fishing license. I don't know if the baseline fee is due for only accessing state game lands, but I think it is solely tied to actual licensure. But I'm a fixin' to find out by purchasing two fishing licenses for an upcoming trip.

Foy

Well I'll never go back an spend my money in eastern Colorado got kickd out of a camp sit that No one used in a year weeds where as tall as my fenders because a did not have a Colorado fishing an hunting license. Their loss not mine. I refused to buy gas go to a local restaurant an did no grocery shopping.

Back
Top Bottom