WTB 1980 - 1999 FWC Keystone

Paul B.

Advanced Member
Would like to buy FWC Keystone possibly 1980 - 99 in good to excellent shape. We have an F350 with a utility bed that was modified to accept a 1988 Keystone. But that unit is in fairly deteriorated condition. It would be nice to find a similar model and just switch them out.

Anything out there?

I've got a 1987 Keystone in decent shape that I'd be willing to part with because it doesn't fit my short bed Chevy very well. Vinyl pop up material was replaced with the current grey marine vinyl used in modern FWC's about 8 years ago by a previous owner. No water damage. The previous owner essentially turned it into a shell model. Fridge, furnace, and bathroom has been removed. We use an off-brand ARB style cooler fridge, a buddy heater, and thetford porta-potti off grid. Bathroom area is now a small dresser/end table for the roll over couch and has drawers for storage. No hot water, we do have a on-demand portable hot water heater that runs of propane, but we've never used it. To my knowledge a hot water heater wasn't included as an option when new. It does have an aluminum roof rack, and 200 watts of solar on the roof. She's well loved and fairly basic, but comfortable and the bones are good. I'm about an hour north of LA in southern california, if you're interested I can take some photos and post them.
-Eric

I'll clean it up and take some pictures tomorrow. Glad to hear you're somewhat local. Not sure what part of LA you're in, but I'm in Ventura.

We're not far. Will come look at it when you have opportunity.

Detour? Don't bother cleaning it up and photoing it if you don't want to. We'll still just come take a look at it. You got any price range in mind?

Paul B. said:
Yes. I did those things.
That is disappointing. Another thing to consider is contacting Stan Kennedy, and asking him to have the factory and dealers watch for a Customer ordering a new camper, and selling a Keystone. I have seen him do that in the past.

That's a good idea. I also considered having them do a little work on the one we have. But who knows when that could get scheduled... I'm not a young man after all.

Perhaps talk to ATC (1 800-446-1003). Their rates are reasonable, and their work is excellent. I believe there is a year cap (maybe 2003 and older) on the campers they will work on, but it’s worth a call. Marty and Jeff are great to work with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom