wtb bracket for reico manual jacks

jlrray

Advanced Member
Looking To buy the aluminum bracket that attaches to the four wheel camper and mounts to steel reico jack bracket. Can this be ordered from the factory? Any reason it's folded in a T instead of just welded? This is for the right read side of the camper

Joe

Still looking if anyone is parting any part out. Its the 14" bracket. Apparently REICO no longer sells the 14" and now sells the 13" bracket.

I sent you a PM on a possibility but if that doesn't pan out here are other thoughts....

I'm wondering if the bracket you want is listed in this exploded-parts document for mechanical jacks as part number TFC-349 (with suffix A, C, or Z according to finish), a 14" x 2-1/2" Standard T-bracket. Unfortunately, I'm not finding any hits for those numbers via Google and the bracket isn't shown on the diagram for us to validate that it is indeed the one we're looking for.

I found another possibility here . The photo looks right but something's not right about that part number. The part number RHY-11 (and again suffix A, C, or Z) shows up on the exploded-parts diagram for the hydraulic jack. And if you look closely at the diagram, it only has two holes on the jack side and five on the camper sides. The 14-inchers for mechanical jacks have five holes on the jack side and six on the camper side(s) (at least mine do). To make things even more confusing, I'm also seeing photos of tripod jacks listed with the RHY11Z part number (here, for example). Bottom line: shop carefully!

Other ideas--

- call FTC and/or ATC and ask if they have any of the older 14" standard T-brackets and let them know you're willing to take a used one (if you are). Confirm that the dimensions and number of holes and finish match what you need.
- call Rieco-Titan and ask if they have a source for the 14" bracket you need. You might also check that it is indeed the TFC-349 you're looking for and ask if it could be known under a different number.
- if none of that pans out, take one of yours to a local fabrication shop and get a quote to have one made and decide how it would be finished.

-OC

PS- I completely discounted the fact that you said you're looking for an aluminum bracket and made several assumptions in my reply. I assumed when you mentioned the fold, that it's a 14" steel bracket and it's like mine. If it IS aluminum, I assume that would be because FWC didn't use Rieco-Titan brackets but rather sought out a custom supplier. That would circle us back to calling FWC for assistance.

I switched to aluminum brackets a few years ago due to rusting metal brackets.. I did as billharr is recommending. I however used a flat piece of aluminum and a piece of aluminum "L" in a two part solution.. I could not find a solid piece of "T" aluminum that would work..

It was easy.. And, when you hear what they want for the aluminum brackets, you will fall off your seat.. I was in for $29 in material for four brackets.. The stainless hardware to mount them was about the same price as the material

TT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom