WTB door or framing for early FWC

shellback

I have a 79 Grandby that I rebuilt. During the process I narrowed the outer door frame and had it rewelded and installed in the camper. When I went to rebuild the door itself and narrow the aluminum frame, I didn't notice my radial arm saws head was loose. Hence I screwed up the miter joints and had to narrow the door more than the frame. I did a work around, but it's not sealing against rain too well. So I need to start over on the door itself. I'd like to buy an early rectangular FWC door. The condition of the door itself doesn't matter to me, just the aluminum framing that goes around the door. Even if your door is in good shape, I would pay you for it, and ask you to remove the door framing, toss the rest and ship me the aluminum framing. Pretty sure it would be much easier and cheaper to ship the aluminum pieces in a cardboard tube. These parts are for the door itself, not the frame that screws to the camper.
I believe there may be a place in Colorado that has old FWC parts. Does anyone have a phone number for them? Thanks, Ron

You might want to contact ATC as they work on old Four Wheel Campers and might have some door parts around. They also still use a square corner door, so a new one might be available at reasonable cost. 916-565-1600

Shellback
Try a google search for camper doors. I recently wanted to install a dead bolt. Found the door manufacturer for these and others rv’s. I think they were in Idaho. Guy was real nice over the phone, so he might could help.

Russ

Thanks, Found Emmett Door in Emmett, Idaho. They are building me a prehung new door for approx $147.00. That's with a window and locks! The bad is, shipping could be $170 or more. That was what a recent door shipped UPS was. I'm having my door sent to my son's place of business, so I know business to business shipping can be quite a bit less. Won't have a shipping quote until the door is built and packaged.

Nice find on the door construction. I am in the same boat, but looking for a bigger door for my old FWC. I would gladly sell you my door + frame, but it looks like you have it covered.

Back
Top Bottom