WTB Flip-Pac Parts: My "lid" framework is rusted to hell...

KevinsOffroad

So...after replacing the broken torsion bar with a quality unit from SwayAway...the driver's side hinge RIPPED out of the fiberglass lid!!!

Turns out...water had gotten inside the fiberglass where the outer "cap" and inner "liner" join together, which rusted out the hinge from the inside, and the steel framework to which it once attached.

Thing looks like it had been submerged under the sea for 20 years...the steel is just crumbling!

Before I got to the time/expense of fabricating a new lid up (or fixing this one, which is probably NOT going to happen...), thought I'd check to see if anyone had a broken/busted/cracked FlipPac with a good lid on it.

If your tent is in good shape, I might purchase that from you also.

I agree...it's kind of a long-shot...but figured I'd post here first before fabricating up a replacement out of aluminum.

Thanks so much,
Kevin

Second Flip-Pac that I know of to have this happen to. Was a while ago that I saw the first one, but I recall thinking "why didn't they make that tube a lot longer?" Don't know what became of that one, the kid who owned it dropped off the map.

My be,loved flip pac has developed the same issue. It is cracking at the hinge on the top lid, drivers side. Did you ever find a fix or replacement?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom