WTB FWC Fleet

Lkattus

Hi WTW,

Just entering the world of truck campers and I am looking to buy a used FWC Fleet for our access cab, regular bed 2015 Tacoma.

Still new and gathering information but between the form and a visit to 1040 Overland, we are confident in purchasing a pop up camper.

Ideal price is ~10k but can be flexible for the right camper.

Thank you in advance for any leads, tips, etc.

Cheers!

Hey.. I will have an older, but restored Fleet 7.5 for sale in a couple weeks.. Its bare bones though.. will have brand new canvas (currently being sewed) and renovated interior but without amenities.. exterior has been painted so it looks newer. Configured with a full size bed up (can be folded up when not in use) and also a collapsable bed down..

Thanks both! We are looking for a Fleet 6' so that won't work for us, but thanks for sharing.

Also- we are leaning towards the Fleet due to weight but good to know the Eagle is an option. I have seen a handful more Eagles available online than Fleets.

Colorado..

A 7.5 Fleet will fit with tailgate down, unless you aren't a fan of that option..

Lkattus said:
Thanks both! We are looking for a Fleet 6' so that won't work for us, but thanks for sharing.

Also- we are leaning towards the Fleet due to weight but good to know the Eagle is an option. I have seen a handful more Eagles available online than Fleets.
Eagle's are also narrower, so Eagle's would weigh less in theory...

Any particular reason why? I have seen the thread discussion ATC vs FWH but I'd be interested to hear why you chose one over the other as well.

We were about to go in a FWH Fleet floor model and it was everything we wanted but that said, we haven't been in an ATC.

That thread does a pretty good job of explaining the why. For me, it was the ATC willingness to customize, and the fantastic customer service from the ATC owners. There is nothing wrong with FWC, I owned a Grandby, but downsized to an ATC Bobcat. If I were to get a bigger pop up in the future, ATC would be my first choice, with FWC in a strong second. Both are excellent campers.

I suspect there is a Bobcat owner in your general area that would be willing to let you take a peek.

Lkattus said:
Any particular reason why? I have seen the thread discussion ATC vs FWH but I'd be interested to hear why you chose one over the other as well.

We were about to go in a FWH Fleet floor model and it was everything we wanted but that said, we haven't been in an ATC.
Have you looked into an eagle, is it something you might be interested in?

Wandering Sagebrush said:
That thread does a pretty good job of explaining the why. For me, it was the ATC willingness to customize, and the fantastic customer service from the ATC owners. There is nothing wrong with FWC, I owned a Grandby, but downsized to an ATC Bobcat. If I were to get a bigger pop up in the future, ATC would be my first choice, with FWC in a strong second. Both are excellent campers.

I suspect there is a Bobcat owner in your general area that would be willing to let you take a peek.

Good idea. Both sound like great campers so it may come down to what becomes available since we are looking for a gently used camper that is not too far away.

Thanks!

I have a 05' eagle I might part with, I pm'd BBZ about his fleet I may be interested in, have not heard back.
I'm in southern Colorado

Mickey

24296727_10213552608203896_6467263927839430821_n.jpgAnswering your question. I bought a used Bobcat. I was open to any (shell) that would fit my truck. Mine is a 2014 customized shell with furnace and front battery set-up. Shells are light weight so the overhang on my shortbed works well.

Ok, thanks for letting me know, I'll keep looking for a fleet,
Enjoy, you'll be happy with a ATC, they're a great camper!

Mickey

Back
Top Bottom