WTB Partner Steel Cook Stove

That's good looking gear, but is there value in it? You can get a number of different propane stoves for 1/4 the price of the partner steel units.

I still use a Coleman that my dad bought well over 60 years ago.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
That's good looking gear, but is there value in it? You can get a number of different propane stoves for 1/4 the price of the partner steel units.

I still use a Coleman that my dad bought well over 60 years ago.
I have used a variety of stoves over the years- 2 different Coleman white gas stoves, an MSR backpacking stove, Camp Chef stove. All were good quality, well-performing stoves. I still have all but the Camp Chef. But I wouldn't trade my Partner stove for any of them now. The Partner is so robust in construction and component quality, so easy to service in the field and so easy to clean after cooking mishaps. It lights first time, every time and does a fine job of cooking at low heat and boiling water fast at high in windy conditions or not. They will put the propane connection wherever you want it and furnish a hose whatever length you want with a custom high pressure regulator. Of course, each person has to decide how much any of that is worth to them. For something I use a couple times a day everyday when camping, well worth the price to me. It is the only stove I have ever seen ads for of people wanting to buy them used. I know my heirs will be able to sell it at a good price when I am done with it, assuming they don't keep it for themselves. :)

Back
Top Bottom