Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
WTW is on my short list. The whole world is out there, but this site and the great folks that are here inspire me and I follow along almost every day I'm online. I follow along on a macbook, an android phone, an iPad and sometimes a PC. My beef is with the mobile device interface.

Every time I go to WTW on my android phone or iPad I have to deal with a screen that suggests I must get the app for a better experience. Not really. I got tired of it on the iPad and finally succumbed to visiting the Apple Store to get the app. After several clicks I'm informed me the item I've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store. Yet, every visit I face the same screen before I can get to the site. Sigh.

My android experience is different. The top of the screen always suggests I try the app. I've tried tapatalk, but for various reasons, I don't find their platform to be very useful. I find the web browser experience to be just fine, yet the top of the screen is always wasting space on my 5" phone display suggesting I must get the app!

I wish it was possible to either: have a real app that works well, or let you opt out, via a cookie or some web magic, so you don't have to deal with the ongoing demand to install an app on your mobile device.

-----------end of rage against the machine-------------

I installed the app on my Android tablet. I like the usability of the web site, but the app...not so much. The app is so completely different from the web interface it feels like a different community. Fortunately the web site works fine on a 10" tablet and I have no use for the app. I do agree the "in your face" reminders are a bit much.

I use an android tablet and prefer the web browser. I was also tired of the annoying rectangle that screamed get the WTW App. I believe I found a little x somewhere on in, clicked it, and it has never come back.

I found the X and it went away, but it does come back every now and again. But I just click the x again. I tried the app too, but didn't like it. The web version feels more like "home" to me.

I found an "x" on the Tapatalk header, clicked that and it hasn't come back. I haven't found any way to disable the startup screen asking about the WTW app. I did experience the "item not available in the US store" message after several clicks. A bit frustrating, yes.

I too am fine with the web version on my iPhone.

Found the X on the android device, which closed the box.
However, using an iPad I still have to stop at a screen that screams to get the app. The app that doesn't exist.

To any and all,
Any updated info. on the WTW app? I have an android phone with a :( minuscule 3 inch screen, so the app would be nice.
Thanks! solinski

I've used the WTW app for years and it works great. Started on a Galaxy S3 but now it's on a Galaxy S7. They've made a lot of improvements to the app.

Back
Top Bottom