WTW Eclipse Meet Up in WY & the rest of my week's trip

Bosque Bill

We threw together a fun, un-official WTW meet-up at the last minute in central Wyoming for the eclipse. There were 12 of us in 8 vehicles, 7 of those were pop-up campers, and 10 of us WTW members

This 3-part report includes details of the eclipse, the meet-up, and my journey the rest of the week.

Solar Eclipse 2017 - UT, WY, MT, ID, and CO
Saturday, August 19 through Saturday, August 26, 2017

Part 1 - https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2017/09/total-solar-eclipse-trip-2017-part-1.html
Part 2 - https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2017/09/total-solar-eclipse-trip-2017-part-2.html
Part 3 - https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2017/09/total-solar-eclipse-trip-2017-part-3.html

Each part links to the next if you want to read them straight through

Remember, to click on a photo to see larger versions!

Bill, great trip report with a great cast of characters for the eclipse. Spending 3 days in Telluride area in 3 weeks. Thanks for sharing. jd

Bill you brought back past trip memories on this trip and others you post.
Thanks for the ride along.
You should plan Yellowstone for the early spring or fall around the middle of Sept to middle of Oct.
Great times to be there a lot less people and most of the campgrounds are just about to close.
Frank

Terrific trip report, Bill. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, it was the Big Hole River which you enjoyed driving along on MT 43 from I-15 to Wisdom, MT and on to US-93.

With your interest in Lewis and Clark, you might want to return to southwestern Montana/eastern ID and take the easy drive up to Lemhi Pass.

Foy

Enjoyed your report- some great campsites. Curious about the petroglyphs though. Enjoyed the photography- seems this summer's story is smoke everywhere.

Foy said:
By the way, it was the Big Hole River which you enjoyed driving along on MT 43 from I-15 to Wisdom, MT and on to US-93.
Yes, you're right. I've corrected my post. I also corrected the distance the picnic/camping area at North Fork was from the highway; I'd said 3 miles, but it was only about half a mile.

Thanks

takesiteasy said:
Enjoyed your report- some great campsites. Curious about the petroglyphs though. Enjoyed the photography- seems this summer's story is smoke everywhere.
I had intended to go check out the petroglyphs after the eclipse, but there were just way too many people and vehicles. If you search on the web some folks have posted photos of the rock art there.

Bill, you covered a lot of territory in only a few days and enjoyed a total solar eclipse! Thanks for letting us come along via your narrative and photos. A very fine trip!

Bosque Bill said:
Thanks everyone for your comments!
Bill is this the shot you didn't have your camera ready for?

DSCN7625.jpg

Frank

Bosque Bill said:
Yeah :D He walked right by my open window - I was so amazed.
They are such great animals.
This one walked right to the window and gave us a snort.
A lot of visitors get real impatient with the wildlife on the road.
They forget it's their home.
Frank

Nice write up Bill. Ski is right, I didn't realize just how much ground you put under those wheels. Was a cool get together. Glad you had a nice trip after the sun moon thingy. The star gazing was like getting to see a back to back game. See ya out there under those stars bud.
Russ & Syma

Great write up! Glad the rest of your trip went well. Next time notes when we have the maps out and start talking about roads :-D

Bill, thanks. We will be spending time in RMNP, BCofGNP, Mesa Verde, Telluride, back country off East Fork Rd on Quartz Creek and Great Sand Dune NP. I checked out many of your reports and will keep them handy. JD

Back
Top Bottom