xpcamper sighting

DLN

We were leaving Truckee on a last minute trip to Vacaville to look at a Casita TT last Sunday around 1:00 P.M. and as we rounded the on ramp at Donner Gate I looked up and saw Marc's camper (I'm fairly sure it was the famous xp) at the Shell Station. We were tempted to come back and introduce our selves and check out the rig but we were on a mission and had to move quickly on the potential TT purchase as these units don't come up very often so close to home. More on that later. So Marc, was that you and where were you going or coming from?

Last Sunday meaning the 15th? On the 8th he probably passed through there on the way back from the Warners - 395 to I-80. He is doing a photo shoot with the camper this week in Markleeville. So if it was the 15th, he was probably headed there. Unless the other Marc's camper is done and he picked it up?

Yup that was me.
Was playing around Bowman lake.
Went up to Grouse ridge for 1 night and then over to Sawmill lake for a few more.
Took Marc( the other one :LOL: ) out to experience the XP.
Did the loop out via Hennessy pass road to 89.

Here is Marc enjoying a Bevie in the cocktail lounge
Sierras9-2010015.jpg

Window with a view

Sierras9-2010042.jpg

Sierras9-2010001.jpg

Marc,

Nic pics, being in our backyard that territory is very familiar to us. Too bad we couldn't stop to see the camper.

I play up there quite often;
I'll let you now next time when i come up.

If you like you can do a little camp out with us; but 4x4 IS mandatory :LOL:

Yup that was me.
Was playing around Bowman lake.
Went up to Grouse ridge for 1 night and then over to Sawmill lake for a few more.
Took Marc( the other one :LOL: ) out to experience the XP.
Did the loop out via Hennessy pass road to 89.

Here is Marc enjoying a Bevie in the cocktail lounge
Sierras9-2010015.jpg

Window with a view

Sierras9-2010042.jpg

Sierras9-2010001.jpg

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!

Marc,

Just stumbled upon this post. I recognize the Grouse Ridge views in the photos.
Great loop: Hwy89 / Jackson Mdws. / Bowman / Grouse Ridge / Hwy20
It was the first place I took my FWC when I got it last summer.

We like hiking up at Grouse Ridge for the glaciated granite and lakes, all within an hour of home. Of course right now I'd need someone to tow me on my skis behind their sled :p

Back
Top Bottom