XPCamper V2 (Camper only)

LeMarmot

After a few years of searching for the perfect camper and living the #vanlife, I decided to stop and get a more permanent home base.

The intention behind the build:
I wanted to create a rig that would give me the flexibility to travel and work anywhere between Alaska and and Patagonia. My primary use case was to chase snow in the winter, and surf in the summer. After looking at a few options (FWC, Earthcruiser GZL, Sprinter, High top Transit Van), I decided to get a diesel Toyota Pickup and put an XP V2 on it. In retrospect I would have gone with a first generation Tundra as the base; the camper is a little too much for a 27 year old, 2.4L Diesel engine.

My previous rig was an Earthcruiser EXP (bought off someone on ExPo) and after using that rig full time for a year, I wanted to address a few shortcomings:
- Eliminate the need for ULSD that the Fuso had
- Smaller footprint
- Better performance in the snow (hard sided)
- Cheaper(More money to travel)

Why the XP?
In my opinion, it was the best value. It featured the same amenities I became accustomed to in the Earthcruiser (Webasto air/water heater & diesel stove, plenty of solar, indoor shower) for a fraction of the price. The hard sided pop-up design also allowed me to squeeze through tighter trails and more importantly, no longer worry about condensation building up on the interior walls and freezing during winter temperatures. With the custom roof rack it also let me easily store surfboards/snowboards and gave me the possibility to add a box on top in the event that I headed south of the border. With the truck tray system it's also modular enough that you can put it on any truck and not make as many compromises.

The camper itself:
I ordered it in August 2016, and took delivery May 2017. I used it for the summer, catching waves and music festivals, and it's been sitting at XP Camper in Grass Valley since September. It's in excellent condition and the warranty is transferable. It's got all the features outlined at http://xpcamper.com/versions/v2-compact/ in addition to:

- Yakima Roof Rack (First V2 to have one)
- ARB 6ft Awning
- 1000W Pure Sine Inverter
- Rotopax/Maxtrax Holders

As far as I know, the main difference between my build and the new ones are the type/brand of electric actuators used. Different actuators were used on mine to support the extra weight of whatever is placed on the roof.

I'm only selling the camper (you still need to get a flatbed for your truck) but new the camper itself would cost you $50k+ before options. You'd also have to wait several months to get it.

Price: $42,000

I'm more than happy to answer any questions about the rig, and the decisions behind it. I've spent so much time and money researching/testing rigs the last few years and I'd love to help anyone else going through the process.

Contact me at
Adrian
970-393-0407
adrian.wisernig@envoked.com

or reach out to XPCamper directly:
530-274-1957
marc@xpcamper.com

You can find more images of the camper on the XPCamper site I also have a quick tour of it on my instagram.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 7.10.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 7.10.37 PM.png
    466.3 KB · Views: 210
Back
Top Bottom