XT60 connector - RC Hobby meets battery box

Alvis

Advanced Member
I was digging around the web looking for small DC power plugs that were small and could handle decent amps. Not being a RC model guy, I was not familiar with the XT series of power plugs. Any who these look like they would be handy for many applications in the battery box of our campers - small cheap high amp (60amp) easy disconnect vs. hardwired or terminal screwed stuff.

XT60 connector:

10474-01.jpg

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10474

If you terminated your solar wires and the wires going to your charge controller you could use little adapters to play around with parallel and serial setups.

Parallel:
10265.jpg

Serial:
images

Other ideas:
* Instead of hardwiring refrigerator use one of these.

They also make a 90 amp version if you are really pushing power around. These are used by the RC drone crowd and other LiPo powered craft, but certainly could be used for various pluggable 12 volt applications in our campers.

Just some thoughts.....

Have watched videos of folks soldering 10 awg to a XT60 - a bit tight but works. I think you can go down to 6 awg with the bigger brother XT90 connector (90 amps, get used in big RC copters, ebikes, etc.) I'm not an RC model guy, but this video does a nice job of showing the XT series of connectors.

If you are not scared of a soldering iron these look like handy connectors for various applications.

I'm thinking about using some XT60 with 10 AWG as input to my solar charge controller for flexibility of connectiing roof and external solar panels.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom