Yet Another ATC Bobcat!

Missing Link

Yesterday was a big one for us; we picked up our new Bobcat. In order to assure that things would go well, we showed up with the obligatory box of donuts (one of the many tips that I have picked up on this forum :rolleyes: ) As expected, things went smoothly thanks to Marty, Jeff and Don. The camper was mounted on our 2006 Tacoma in short order. Following the lead of Cort and others on the forum, I equipped the truck with Load Range "E" tires and air bags. I could not have been happier with the performance on the way back home yesterday. It was difficult to tell that there was even a camper on the back. It handled and rode better than it did on the trip up to Sacto. empty, and it got 17.0 mpg on the 270 mile return journey. We are hoping to average between 16 and 18 mpg on trips, so this 17.0 was a good omen. The first shakedown trip is planned for the weekend after next. Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to it. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Your oppinions and advice over the past year or so have been extremely valuable. Let the games begin!

Yesterday was a big one for us; we picked up our new Bobcat. In order to assure that things would go well, we showed up with the obligatory box of donuts (one of the many tips that I have picked up on this forum :rolleyes: ) As expected, things went smoothly thanks to Marty, Jeff and Don. The camper was mounted on our 2006 Tacoma in short order. Following the lead of Cort and others on the forum, I equipped the truck with Load Range "E" tires and air bags. I could not have been happier with the performance on the way back home yesterday. It was difficult to tell that there was even a camper on the back. It handled and rode better than it did on the trip up to Sacto. empty, and it got 17.0 mpg on the 270 mile return journey. We are hoping to average between 16 and 18 mpg on trips, so this 17.0 was a good omen. The first shakedown trip is planned for the weekend after next. Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to it. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Your oppinions and advice over the past year or so have been extremely valuable. Let the games begin!

Congrats on the new camper, you're going to love it, but uhhh where's the pictures??

Congrats on the new camper, you're going to love it, but uhhh where's the pictures??

Yes, congrats, you will love it! Pictures!

but uhhh where's the pictures??

C'mon, you know the rules!
smile.gif
Congrats.

Congratulations! Glad it all went smoothly. Yeah let's see some pics! Did you end up upgrading your shocks or the coils on the front end? I am super happy with my OME coils and the Bilstein 5100's

Cort

You will like your Bobcat! But where are the photos?

Another day, another attempt at photos. We used a camera with fewer megapixels and will see if that helps. Here goes . . . .
Richard and Ginny

Attachments

• Bobcat1.jpg
    Bobcat1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 609
Looks great! You have to realize camper stories are kind of like fish stories. We need photos for proof :D

Looks great! You have to realize camper stories are kind of like fish stories. We need photos for proof :D

DD, since you are here, what are we doing wrong regarding the posting of photos? Seems we cannot upload any photos greater than 500 kb. Originally tried a photo taken at ATC on delivery day with a 14 megapixel point and shoot camaera. Then tried a photo taken with a 6 mp SLR . . . no luck with either. The one that worked was shot using a 1 mp iPhone. I believe there is a link on this site that explains the procedure for posting photos, but can't find it. I know you are a busy guy, but can you help us? Thanks
Richard

DD, since you are here, what are we doing wrong regarding the posting of photos? Seems we cannot upload any photos greater than 500 kb. Originally tried a photo taken at ATC on delivery day with a 14 megapixel point and shoot camaera. Then tried a photo taken with a 6 mp SLR . . . no luck with either. The one that worked was shot using a 1 mp iPhone. I believe there is a link on this site that explains the procedure for posting photos, but can't find it. I know you are a busy guy, but can you help us? Thanks
Richard

The resolution of photos straight out of any kind of camera is usually too large to post in most web applications. Most photo album software has an option to "export" photos at smaller dimensions so you can export your photos at say 800 pixels wide and you should be able to upload them fine. You can also use and kind of image editing software to reduce the photo dimensions or even some online tools like this one:

http://www.resize2mail.com/

The resolution of photos straight out of any kind of camera is usually too large to post in most web applications. Most photo album software has an option to "export" photos at smaller dimensions so you can export your photos at say 800 pixels wide and you should be able to upload them fine. You can also use and kind of image editing software to reduce the photo dimensions or even some online tools like this one:

http://www.resize2mail.com/

Very helpful, thanks so much.
Richard

Very nice welcome to the bob cat club. Did you get the dinette?

Frank

Thanks. Yes, we got the dinette. Had an older FWC with a couch for years . . . . . we feel this set up will work better for us. I have followed your modifications over the past few months and plan to adopt some of them. You've done a nice job!

Richard

We finally got around to fooling with the photo resizer that DD directed us to (thanks very much DD). This is the first test post of that resizer for us. It is the ATC crew on the day we took delivery.

Attachments

• atc crew.jpg
    atc crew.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 261
We finally got around to fooling with the photo resizer that DD directed us to (thanks very much DD). This is the first test post of that resizer for us. It is the ATC crew on the day we took delivery.

Great picture of the motley crew. From Left to Right: Don, Jeff, & Marty.

Three of the nicest guys around (Jeff likes to think he's gruff, but NOT).

Back
Top Bottom