Yet Another Magnificent SE UT Trip!

brett13

Lovecock
Didn't have to go to AZ to escape the wind afterall, so we explored more of southeast UT. I've been going at least twice per year for nearly a decade and I still keep finding great spots. Highly recommended.

We spend 7 nights in the camper this trip- a record for us. Used the heat 6 nights and still have about 1 night left. Coldest night was low 20's, warmest was low 50's (no heat that night), the rest were in the 20 or 30s. Without further adieu, here are some pics:
DSC02656e.JPG

So we explored La Sal Mountain Road from Onion Creek northeast of Moab. The trail starts down low- about 4500ft and climbs into the LaSal mountains over 8500. I didn't realize that and got stuck in a 50ft section of 2ft snow left on the trail. So while my wife mildy paniced, I dug and chained up, which didn't work. Two hours of digging and I was still stuck. Eventually, these saviors just happened to come the other way and winched us out. Ironically, the trail ended at dry pavement less than 1/2 a mile later. I was so close! It would have been an 8mile hike to cell phone service though.
DSC02657e.jpg

DSC02676e.jpg

DSC02686e.jpg

DSC02689e.jpg

DSC02690e.jpg

DSC02721e.jpg

This shows Fisher Towers with the LaSal mountains in the back where I got stuck.
fisher1e.jpg

This is the Muley Twist section of the Burr Trail in Capital Reef National Park. It is a great road to explore with lots of good camping on either side of the park.
muleye.jpg

Nice trip pictures!!

Sounds like you had another nice trip guess getting stuck in snow means spring is just waking up. A question where does the dog sleep? He sure looks like he was enjoying the trip!
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers.

Sounds like you had another nice trip guess getting stuck in snow means spring is just waking up. A question where does the dog sleep? He sure looks like he was enjoying the trip!
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers.

She loved every minute of the trip! She really likes to curl up on the couch, usually right below the bed. And I built a seat under the front window, so there is a nice spot for her up against the front of the camper out of our way, because she will get upset if we disturb her. Its her big dog house afterall!

Very nice. I kept looking at those mountains when I was in Moab wishing I had the time to get up there.

When is the best time to go to White rim trail for good weather.

Back
Top Bottom