Yeti cooler deals?

kmcintyre

Looking at the Yeti Coolers and seems that everyone has the same prices. I know you can get 25% off right now at REI which makes the coolers "on sale" but I'm surprised that you can't find them cheaper. Anyone know if they go on sale, etc. ever?

Kevin, I'm not convinced they're that much better than something like a Coleman Xtreme. I have the Yeti 125 Qt, and it's hell for stout, but the price is prohibitive. If you don't need an expedition level, bear proof cooler, go for something less expensive. BTW, I lined my Coleman with Reflectix, and had really good service from it at Lake Powell this year.

best deal I could find when I got one last year was the REI % Off coupon. I think they are price controlled from the manufacturer so I'm actually surprised REI can discount them at all.

As far as it being worth it - it is expensive, it does work as advertised, and I will keep it for a long time, so I'm still happy with the purchase.

Costco sells Pelican coolers if you like those. There was a recent post (linked to a video), can't remember where I saw it and I think it was the Coleman Extreme that outlasted (ice with soda cans) longer than most of the "expedition" coolers. It was interesting.

I agree with Wandering Sage, the Yeti isn't any better than a Coleman. I have one only because of the bear proof requirements in some areas that I hunt.

CWD

I got mine at REI using a 20% coupon and my dividend. Doubt I'd have paid that much for a cooler if I had to buy it full price, but it is a really nice cooler :)

I would have not bought the Yetti, if it wasn't for the 20 % off coupon from REI. I bought the Hopper 30 Bag style cooler. I'm glad I purchased the cooler, keeps ice for over 4 days, with little ice. Keeps the brews nice and cold !!

Don't forget the Engle. We have had good luck. I have p ut two ice blocks in along with ice, and the Ice blocks lasted 10 days. Ice blocks in the middle to split the cooler and cold beer loaded with ice. A couple frozen water bottles and we are good for 2 weeks. Towel on top.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom