Yikes, found water intrusion

craig333

Riley's Human
Sun came out today so I popped the top to finish the Wave3 installation. Rear corner passenger side of the top was wet. Scary part was the lifter was sitting in the water. Luckily it hadn't absorbed any water yet.

I haven't been out lately (for many reasons, most of them not that good) and its been pretty rainy. I think I found the spot its coming in. I hope. If not its time to redo most of the silicone around the outside.

The heater works great. Still have to finish a couple items. I'm not thrilled with the way it attaches, I can see it popping loose on a washboard road.

I found water in mine in the same place on Sunday. A nice little puddle on top of the closet.

Where do you think yours was coming from?

I looked all over for the possible problem - but came up with nothing....

Stick a box fan in there for a couple of days. More rain is on the way but move some air through there before it gets moldy. I have found Tilex mold and mildew remover to work quite well if that happens.

I always blow, err..I mean, pop my top after every rain. That and the 303 has kept the siding on my '86 in great shape.

I'm not thrilled with the way it attaches, I can see it popping loose on a washboard road.

If you are using the 3 screw holes on the back I wouldn't worry, it stays on real tight as long as the gap between the screw and your mounting surface it tight enough. I was worried about the same thing initially but it has never rattled off.

Good to hear. I took it apart just so i could make sure I got the screws good and tight. I still might reinforce it.

Sun came out today so I popped the top to finish the Wave3 installation. Rear corner passenger side of the top was wet. Scary part was the lifter was sitting in the water. Luckily it hadn't absorbed any water yet.

I haven't been out lately (for many reasons, most of them not that good) and its been pretty rainy. I think I found the spot its coming in. I hope. If not its time to redo most of the silicone around the outside.

The heater works great. Still have to finish a couple items. I'm not thrilled with the way it attaches, I can see it popping loose on a washboard road.

Bummer about the water, hope you find/fix the leak. I was also concerned about my catalytic heater popping off, it actually did once on my old camper. I screwed blocks above the heater to ensure it wouldn't happen again. Heater1.jpg

Attachments

• heater2.jpg
    heater2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom