Yosemite - January 2017

Thanks for the kind comments! :) longhorn1 and Happyjax Yosemite is calling!

longhorn1 said:
Ski,

What a great trip. This is now #1 on my bucket list, so hopefully a trip will happen during the next couple of years. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. jd

Happyjax said:
Wonderful report and pictures. Hope to get there in the not toooo distant future :)

I finally got a free moment to read your Yosemite TR and it was great, as usual. I really liked the B&W version of your photo with the tree. You've inspired me to try a little more B&W in the future.

I've never been to Yosemite in the winter, but like a lot of things, it's on my bucket list. That Yosemite coyote sure looked well fed. And yes, it IS required to make a stop below El Capitan whenever you find yourself that close to it.

I think now that The Lady is less then five months away from retirement, she can legally start counting it down by the days and not the months--I know I would be.

GroovyDad said:
<snip>

I think now that The Lady is less then five months away from retirement, she can legally start counting it down by the days and not the months--I know I would be.
76 work days................................................

GroovyDad said:
<snip>

62 days......................... :)

As always, a pleasure to read your reports. For some reason I was hesitant to buy Micro Spikes...too expensive, already have enough gear, will they last? I treated myself this year and it sure is fun to hike with confidence while others are bent over at the waist trying to stay upright (of course that was me last year).

Over four years left. To soon to start counting days. Though on a bad day at work the bum lifestyle starts to look more interesting :)

ski3pin said:
30 work days until retirement. The Lady says it this way, "Five more Mondays."
I like this. Makes it seem even closer. Let's see (seven times fifty two, carry the one), only 364 more Mondays for me! Hmmmm, somehow that doesn't make it feel closer for me. Oh well, Good for The Lady.

Ted said:
I like this. Makes it seem even closer. Let's see (seven times fifty two, carry the one), only 364 more Mondays for me! Hmmmm, somehow that doesn't make it feel closer for me. Oh well, Good for The Lady.
Hang in there Ted,it goes by fast.
Just keep enjoying live.
Frank

Yep-you wake up one morning and you realize you can go back to sleep-but after almost 12 years retired I still sometimes still wake up at my old time of 5 and have to get up. My 93 year old dad has the same problem too,-gets up, shaves, showers, gets dressed and has his coffee-can't break the habit. I guess. we should be be glad we have our pop-ups and can spend most of that retirement time boon docking and we can wake up at 5 in some beautiful place like Yosemite. and not some grungy city somewhere ;) ! See there was a reason for all that WTWing you guys have been doing-great training for retirement!

Thanks for the pictures, brought back lot's of memories. I spent one of my best work times ever as a crew chief running a field crew there in the mid 70's, rerecording old ark sites.Tough job, had to camp there and to avoid the tourists, worked in the spring and then the fall (summers were spent working in the high country). We had the campgrounds and the place mostly to ourselves and the bears,most of the time-no noise and beautiful. Even had a park service girl friend there who liked to cook. Boy those were good times :love: ,

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom