*#&$ you California

brett13

Lovecock
CA can go @%&$ itself and its nanny state. These damn f^#k**g stupid "CARB-compliant" gas cans are major piece of crap. There I said it. FU CA!

Any solutions for finding a descent spout that works with a WEDCO can?

Seriously, these spouts are flimsy, hard to use and let out 10x the vapor because you have to fiddle with it for 15 minutes before getting it to work. CA is so worried about cancer and I've just inhaled a lifetime of gas vapor thanks to them. And then there is the spill because washers, plastic and heavy objects don't mix. Maybe mine is defective, but for 100 years gas cans worked just fine. Why did the morons at CARB have to mess with it?

Look around for Scepter military fuel cans. I bought two on eBay several years ago and love them. I can dump 5 gallons in one minute with the military spout. Expensive, but worth every cent.

Time to move to AZ. No carb compliant regs. No carry conceal permit required. Buy a Glock at Dick's at noon load it and walk into a bar to have a few drinks at 1:00 and no daylight savings time. Actually those may be reasons not to move here too.

CARB compliant spouts are the third sign of the apocalypse. I don't know what size Wedco you have, but when I come across these I buy a few:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Gas-Can-SPOUT-Replacement-WEDCO-BRIGGS-STRATTON-MULTIPACK/31535732

http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?ga=us22&q=wedco+parts

Good Luck

I used to use NATO cans. I'd bring them back from Europe in my suit case. They were about $30 each, never leaked, even on their sides and had great spouts. I had 9 of them. Then, once I bought my current truck with over 600 miles range on the tank, I sold all but two of the cans on Craigslist.

I think you can find NATO cans on ebay as well as replacement lid seals. I'd guess there must be a good choice of oversize gas tanks for Landcruisers out there in the aftermarket.

I use the Honda Gas Cans with the easy to use CARB, no-spill cap/spout.

HondagasCanandSpout.jpg

Take the yellow spout cap off, tilt spout into correct position, press green buttom. Automatically stops when gas in the tank reaches the bottom of the spout.

I got the first gas can and spout when I purchased my Honda 2000 generator. Own several more since then.

I'm not sure if you can get just the cap/spout or if cap/spout will fit the gas can you have currently.

I got rid of all my regular CARB plastic type gas cans that I've had to purchase over the last few years, so, I can't try it for you.

I recently bought a Carb Crap can and took it right back.

My answer to these issues??
I have already purchased a house in AZ. Slowly starting the move process.
I have already cast my last vote here.

~DR

It is that the CARB is an Autocratic Gov't entity (can you say Oligarchy?) whom the legislature has had to slap around a couple of times that I know of. CARB didn't design those effing awful spouts, but they did require such a feature.

It is that other States misguidedly decided to adopt that same rule. Don't blame that on KA.

Know what the real problem is? Too damned many people live here.

After a similar experience, I bought one of these: Hand pump.

Don't recall where but the price is about right. It takes a few minutes to transfer most of the gas but it is a cheap, easy solution and it isn't like I'm going to be doing this often. Once most of the gas was transfered I just picked up the now light can and poured the rest in.

Those cans are green and stamped "not for fuel use"??

I have those Wedco cans and either use thier system...slow... or just use a funnel. I don't have to use them very offen. I heard of people taking out the carb stuff in the spout for full flow.

That's my program...I also use Wedco.

I'm going the funnel route too, but I need a cap for my wedco. The one that has the integrated CARB spout that you rearrange while getting fuel all over your hands is crap. That's what CARB stands for by the way...Crappy Annoying Regulation Bullcrap. So, anywhere to buy a plain old, leak proof cap?

Reading all this, I remember the days of carrying gas cans along. Makes me so happy to now have a 34 gallon fuel tank and 19 to 20 mpg. When someone comes out with a smaller diesel truck, I may buy one, hopefully it'll have an appropriate sized fuel tank.

When someone comes out with a smaller diesel truck, I may buy one, hopefully it'll have an appropriate sized fuel tank.

It may be the TUNLAND. :eek:

Not that the Mahindra ever came, but we can hope.

It may be the TUNLAND. :eek:

Not that the Mahindra ever came, but we can hope.

Wow. The Chinese really have no shame copying things, do they? The logo is pretty close copy of the Tundra logo!
8150024892_f1f561a216.jpg

l.jpg

I'll change the name of this thread to "*#&$ you California and China"

Back
Top Bottom