You know you're a geezer when.......................

That’s what we had when I was in high school. Remember all the Encyclopedia volumes that use to be on sale at the retail and grocery stores🤣
I remember the stores had a different volume every couple weeks.
Like all the "give aways" when you bought gas,special "collector" drinking glasses.
What different times. Things change but are remade many years later and wow look at the new idea.
Frank

Don't ever call me elderly but do give me senior discounts! :)
Given my advanced digital illiteracy, I was accustomed to the struggle to get though the online process of renewing my nonresident Virginia saltwater fishing license a couple of years back. As had become customary, I relented and left the process open on my office desktop and called the help number from my office landline. I was assisted by a friendly young lady, in Richmond, no less, who was upbeat and patient as I explained I'd entered all of the correct data but couldn't get the system to give me a bill to close the deal. Once I finished supplying the backstory, she said "Mr. Foy, I have the answer to your situation--there is no deal to close, Virginia does not require a nonresident saltwater license for gentleman who have enjoyed their 65th birthday". Feeling both embarrassed and thankful, I mumbled "thanks so much for your help" and returned to my increasingly slow-moving completion of once simple tasks at the office. Beats the alternatives---I guess.

Foy

Back
Top Bottom