Zodi Hot Showers

I use a two gallon pump sprayer with a plastic shower head on an extended hose. The sprayer is black, so if left in the sun it gets warm. If not warm enough, pour a couple of quarts in a pot and bring to a boil, then pour it back into the sprayer. Pump and bathe. I have all of $35 in the shower.

Lee

Have used numerous setups for camp showers---solar sun shower, Zodi hot tap. Ultimately use solar shower bag to heat (or pre-heat) water and dump into a hand pump sprayer when economizing on water use. Or, if plenty of water available, dump into a plastic bucket...I use an old cat litter container and if needed, supplement with a qt or two of boiling water from my stove. Use a battery powered pump (Zodi sells one--"battery powered shower" http://zodi.com/hot-showers/battery-powered-shower )

to dispense water. I have found this is much less equipment to haul around because the pump sprayer is useful for cleaning, hand washing etc, fits inside my bucket when stored, and you most likely bring a bucket anyway, don't need the small gas bottles for the Zodi, which uses a lot of fuel

Power Wagon said:
I use a two gallon pump sprayer with a plastic shower head on an extended hose. The sprayer is black, so if left in the sun it gets warm. If not warm enough, pour a couple of quarts in a pot and bring to a boil, then pour it back into the sprayer. Pump and bathe. I have all of $35 in the shower.

Lee
Same here. My 2gal Reunel tank,extended hose and cut down shortened wand has worked for 20 years now. Heat up some water in the coffee pot if needed and warm it to your heart's desire. The spray is adjustable and conserves water. We use them on Baja trips where water is scarce. Professional gardeners supply houses have the better quality tanks that used to be stocked at Home Depot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom