Water petcock drain mounted on exterior rear wal

Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Advanced Member
I know i was it the forum somewhere.... Maybe some help finding.
Im on my second plastic petcock valve for water tank drain. I know someone here said they replaced with radiator valve. Any help?.

Thanx bill. I think we found it about same time. Ha. Well i scrounged up some brass fitting and a 90deg 1/4 needle valve. Ill give this a shot first. If it works ill post a few pics. If not im buying the fitting u attached. See ya out there bud.

Unless you drain you water tank often, why not just get a brass plug instead of the radiator pitcock? Drain a lot faster.

Thanx bob billand jasan. Wirkin on it now. Jasan i drain travel weight and refill when i get close to destination. But also like the ability to use as a spicket for qwk water without having every one jump in and out of camper. But yes a plug would work just for drain

If mine ever breaks, it'll be replaced with a usable valve so I can use it as an outside water source for rinsing hands, coffee water or filling the dogs bowel.

Beach said:
If mine ever breaks, it'll be replaced with a usable valve so I can use it as an outside water source for rinsing hands, coffee water or filling the dogs bowel.
Give your dog an enema often? :oops: Gotta love fat finger typing :p Best laugh I had all day :D

Tried to edit it but lost the post to cyber space. Thanks for posting the quote JaSAn, not fat finger typing, just bad spelling. I shall live on to post another day. LOL

Ok here is what i came up with. Works fine. This small little project started from plastic petcock valve break. And then found a pin hole water leak. Hmmm trying to post a pick from phone... Stand by.

here is the simple set up

gallery_4623_840_327620.jpg

Was there enough hose/tube length to install the clamp outside the back wall or did you have to get to it on the inside?

first im not up to par on posting pic yet here. i think i put them in an album. ill post a few more pics. but i was able to or really had to do from inside. there was a pin hole leak in the clear tube i had to replace.

well thats all the picks for this repair. i hope it helps anyone who has a similar issue. i will be adding a hose and barb in place of the cap when at site just to redirect drain flow, as my camper sit flush with end of bed and i keep the barn doors on
full

full

full

crazy upside down pics...sorry

Back
Top Bottom