Spare tire rear attachment ideas?

jkszoo

I have a dodge 2500 diesel 6.5 bed and a Hawk install in November. Looking for suggestions for rear mounted spare tire. I will also be using hitch receiver steps.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Did the truck originally have the cable winch for pulling the spare up under the frame behind the rear bumper?

I rebuilt the one on my F350 PSD as the cable was frayed and bird nested inside the pulley.

i am not sure but will check. After some research looks like I might have quite an expense for a swing away tire mount, maybe even a new bumper? I did purchase insurance with my new tires installed today so just might have to wait on this upgrade as it looks like I need to upgrade my brakes so spare tire mount...maybe next year. Thanks for the info!

I’m not sure what year truck you have. Look in your owners manual and see what it shows. Here is the type of system I’m referring to:

On my truck I did add a safety chain (just in case) should the cable give way- but the manufacturers have been using these for many years. There’s a tool that goes in above the back bumper to raise and lower. So with your camper I’m not sure if you have access or not. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom