FWC rear awning

leadsled9

Contributors
Hey Stan,

It was nice talking to you Monday. I enjoyed seeing your new facilities.

Would you please post some of the current pictures you have of the FWC rear awning?

The improvements look great!

I e-mailed Stan a couple of days ago asking for a photo of the rear awning. If he sends one I will forward it. Stan seems to be omnipresent though. I am thinking he may post it on the board. Maybe with the updated option list, updated web site, and photos of all the new gadgets that FWC is offering. :D

Here are some pictures of the latest rear awning design.

Hope this helps.

:)

Attachments

• Rear Awning 5.JPG
    Rear Awning 5.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,556
  • Rear Awning 6.JPG
    Rear Awning 6.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,256
  • Rear Awning 7.JPG
    Rear Awning 7.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,756
  • Rear Awning 8.JPG
    Rear Awning 8.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,006
Well, I might just end up going with your awning. It is looking good.

How is it stored? All the pieces taken off and stored inside? How is the fabric attached at the top? I hope it is fast and easy to deploy.

How is it stored? All the pieces taken off and stored inside? How is the fabric attached at the top? I hope it is fast and easy to deploy.

Thanks Stan...you are the MAN!

I was at the FWC factory on Monday....it slides into a track....real quick. Rolls up in a small soft case/bag. Stores on the window ledge or just inside the bed slider.

I'm getting one installed. It's the best, most professional looking rear awning I've seen on a FWC Hawk.

Can this be installed on a Six-Pac T100-S camper? I would love to have the extra protection over the door!

Eric :cool:

Stan, what's the cost of that addition? I'm having a camper built right now, but I might end up adding it later.
Keith

As it turns out, the camper in the photos is mine. I just got it installed yesterday, and it's now sitting on my truck in my driveway. From the factory to Langley in four days!

The awning is made from the same material as the pop-up siding - I was surprised at how sturdy/thick the material feels. It was a $395 option - and so far seems to be worth the money.

Like leadsled9 said, it rolls up and stores in a long pouch.

What's particularly slick about the design, is that they've sewn two long channels onto the awning which allows you to slide the support arms into them. When you roll it up, it helps to store the arms so they don't clang against each other and it keeps the awning roll straight and even. The pouch is a black vinyl material with a velcro flap closure. The webbing straps you see in the photo - they now attach under the edge of the camper by the jack mounts - there are dedicated flat loops added there by FWC. There are two black plastic knob screws that are used to mount the arms to the support attachments on the upper edge of the camper - and the supports swing in an 180 degree arc, so you can lay them flat against the camper when the arms are not attached. I don't know for sure, but the awning arms and attachment points are quite sturdy and I'm tempted to think they're stainless. The awning is pretty much a square of material sewn with a black rubber welt at the top for sliding into the rail at the top of the camper, and there are two eyelets (brass?) sewn into the corners where the support arms fit. The two velcro straps are quick attach to the attachment loop and there's a D-ring for putting over the end of the support arm. The only thing I'm going to have to watch for is that the webbing/velcro sewing might be the weak point - time will tell.

I'll have to figure out how to upload photos and then I'll put some in this thread showing the components up close.

Ron

EDIT: I've added four photos...IMG_1910.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 689
Hey Ron, congrats on the camper, hope to pick mine up in the next week or so. Looks like the awning is a pretty slick design. Thanks for posting the pics

Keith

Thanks, if it wasn't raining so hard, I'd be out in the yard staring at it...

I'm glad I saw Stan's post announcing/showing the rear awning... I would never have known to order it otherwise. It hadn't hit the option list yet when I placed my order.

I also noticed your WTW join date is the same as mine... new owners us both.

Enjoy taking delivery of your camper!

Ron

Why the big secret?

Because for the last couple years FWC has been working on a new website, so not much has been done with their current website. Makes it hard for those of us that are working on ordering a camper now. :cautious:

I'm very surprised that FWC is not advertising this stuff. Looks like a great product. Why the big secret?

No kidding. There's a good handful of options I had no idea about until I went to the factory and walked around with both a sales guy and Chipali, the production manager. I figured that the options sheet the sales unit hands out would be up to date, but it's not really. They do an awful lot of tweaks every year, and they do accommodate customers' custom requests, so I suppose it's hard sometimes to know what to market as a standard option and what's not. Anyone's guess.

Because for the last couple years FWC has been working on a new website

That will be great when it comes online -- tho I hope they keep the old school animated gif somewhere on the site even though it reminds me of 1995 :p

anicamper.gif

This is very frustrating considering I am trying to give them my money. I just want to build the camper right the first time without making the 3 drive to Sac to get something installed later.

This is very frustrating considering I am trying to give them my money. I just want to build the camper right the first time without making the 3 drive to Sac to get something installed later.

I'm with you Ramblinman. Stan, whats the cost to add it to the Hawk? I want one too.

I'm with you Ramblinman. Stan, whats the cost to add it to the Hawk? I want one too.

I think RonK answered this on the first page...looks like a $395 option.

Back
Top Bottom