Nissan Frontier.... Long bed or short bed?

Brewskier

Advanced Member
I have my eye on two Nissan Frontiers at the moment. One of them has a long bed (6ft) and the other is the regular short bed (5ft). The idea of a longer bed sounds good, because I can put a longer camper on, but will this be harder to use offroad? I don't want a super long truck that will be hard to use on the trails. Just curious if anyone had one or experience offroading with them. Which one should I go for?

Thanks

What is the wheelbase difference between the two?

If you are wanting to put a camper on the truck I would go for the long-bed. It will handle a camper much better than the short bed will.

What is the wheelbase difference between the two?

If you are wanting to put a camper on the truck I would go for the long-bed. It will handle a camper much better than the short bed will.

Quite a difference in the wheelbases.... 131" for the long bed, 116" for the shorter bed.

I was actually OK with the idea of having the shorter Finch or Falcon model on there.

Quite a difference in the wheelbases.... 131" for the long bed, 116" for the shorter bed.

I was actually OK with the idea of having the shorter Finch or Falcon model on there.

Hmmm, maybe the short-bed then?

The Falcon is way small, how much would Finch hang off the back?

Hmmm, maybe the short-bed then?

The Falcon is way small, how much would Finch hang off the back?

I think it hangs about 6" off the back. Not sure on the Frontiers, though. FWC site has pictures of the Finch hanging off the back. Doesn't look too bad.

Back
Top Bottom