Cab Over Camper Storage- Mod questions

bryanmichaelmeyer

Advanced Member
Half Moon Bay and where my truck is parked
Hi y'all,

I searched but no dice. There is a lot of room between the cab over on my Eagle and the cab of my truck. I have seen other campers build storage for this space that attaches to the camper and need some guidance as to how they attached their tracks for the storage. I hope to get some water tanks under there for a shower.

Thanks.

B

2011 Eagle on 2001 ext. cab Tacoma. I am thinking of something similar. At present I have an under cab box with as "V" wind screen. I use the box to store the solar panel which I put on a tripod at camp...keep Eagle in the shade and allows for tilting to max sun angle.
However... I once wrote in about ideas about water storage as I wanted to have a grey water tank equal in size to the fresh water tank. This would allow me to camp on National Seashore beaches where they require a closed system. It would fit well above the cab as in your photo. I have marine porta potty and will put a pump out pipe through floor to space which overhangs bumper.
So... what I am looking for is a water tank that would be approx. 4.5" x 24"x 48 " this would give me 20 gallons+. Plumbing would be easy I suspect as the presenter water tank is below the sink level and could also be drained out the back.
I am looking for a non custom rectangular tank, white plastic... any ideas where to find? I am one of the few FWC on the East coast in New England. Thanks for any advice.

A few shots of cab for solar panel

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 602
  • Eagle.jpg
    Eagle.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 552
That is a pretty cool set up. I am still researching this. I am thinking of putting some sort of cage attached to my cab roof. The cab over only goes about 1/2 way to the front of the cab so there is a lot of room that is wasted and can be used for lights, shovels, etc.. Ideally I have a water tank for a gravity shower and extra storage for other fun stuff. I have a lot of room up(5 inches between truck and cab over) there but not enough for many of the pre made systems.

These guys make some pretty cool stuff. I may just have my local welder imitate this: http://www.bajarack.com/toyota-tacoma

B

Captm said:
I really liked Jeff's scheme. I modified the concept a bit, and am having it fabricated now. I'll hang it from underneath the overhang. That panel on my Fleet is said to be 3/4" thick lumber-board, with formica sheathing, and is held by an aluminum 'C' channel so it's very strong. The carrier I designed will be 60 inches "long" which is enough for 3 Rotopax end to end (for spare gasoline) plus a few misc items. They're making it out of 14 ga steel, painted white. It is supposed to be ready next week. I'll photo document the carrier and installation and post it to the forum.

bryanmichaelmeyer said:
@bosque bill did you get this finished? I would love to see the photos and any specs. I finally have some time to put towards this.

Bryan
Yes, and it didn't fall off this past week while in the Chiricahua and the Gila Mountains (trip report in a few days).

Sorry, I thought I'd posted a link in this thread to the separate article showing the project:
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8665-rotopax-carrier-mounted-under-camper-over-cab/

Read through the post and comments, then if you have any questions, ask them in that thread and I'll try to answer.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom