Low cost Eagle dinette table

Riverbank

I wanted a simple and inexpensive alternative to the Eagle post mounted dinette table and came up with this alternative using fittings I had in my shop. The table and post assembly is removeable, swivels forward and back, and can be stowed vertically when not in use or for transport. Removal of the floor mounted post bracket not only provides more foot room but provides an unobscured cubby for our Golden Retriever.

The two clamps are boat dock supports and are made by Playstar, Inc. out of Janesville, Wisconsin; part number PS1416. I purchased the clamps from Menards, my local home supply store, for $4.89 each. I removed the 3/8NC lock bolt supplied with the clamps and replaced with 3/8NC T-bolts. A 1 1/4" pipe strap clamp positioned 8" outboard of the table top clamp provides alignment for the top. A 1 1/4 PVC pipe cap fastened below the vertical dock support clamp provides additional vertical support as well as a bearing surface to handle the vertical load. (The complete assembly weighs 1 lb less than the original)

The support tube is 1 1/4" aluminum pipe, another dock supply item. I cut the tubes to length with each end cut at 45 degrees and had a local welder make the weld connection for which I was charged $10. I had a small sheet of birch plywood for the top on hand so my total project cost less than $30.

Not as sophisticated as the Lagun support but fits my needs and pocketbook.

Attachments

• photo 1(5).JPG
    photo 1(5).JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 695
  • photo 2(5).JPG
    photo 2(5).JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 734
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 685
Nice job, like how it folds up out of the way. I feels a lot bigger when the table is out of the way.

Bill

Hmmm. I'm wondering if that could work with the rollover couch....Of course you would have to remove the table if you were planning on sleeping on the couch but I love the idea. FWC's table is such a piece of...

Fantastic. Simple is better, and you nailed it. When time permits I'll be using the elements of this design to attempt a table that accommodates our rollover couch setup (i.e., with table mount on opposite side of the camper), and will post if successful. Thanks for your killer first post Riverbank, glad you're on board.

Welcome to the family a River.
Adding my cudos too...great job, pictures....and material list.
Glad you are enjoying your Eagle.

Thanks for posting this--I'm totally going to copy your design. FYI, I found this exact bracket at Home Depot ONLINE ONLY for $4.98 each.

GroovyDad said:
Thanks for posting this--I'm totally going to copy your design. FYI, I found this exact bracket at Home Depot ONLINE ONLY for $4.98 each.

As they say on one of those football pre-game shows.... "Come - On - Man".

Save the rest of us some time and effort, give us either;

1) The web link of the web page on the Home Depot web site,
or,
2) The Home Depot part number.

Came across this post while searching for table mounting ideas.
Has anyone with the roll over couch figured out how to mount something like this?

I'm not close to my camper right now, but was thinking it might mount near the front of the camper just ahead of the couch. If it would fit there, it could be used by someone sitting on the bench seat as well as one or two people on the couch.

TIA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom